+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!!! Singapore COC (Certificate of Clearance)

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016
Hi guys,

I have a strange issue going on. I worked in Singapore from 2009-2013 on an Employment Pass. I visited Singapore 5-10 times after that on a Tourist visa. I applied for my COC and got it very quickly. However, the dates on my COC are only from 2009-2013 when I worked there and does not include any dates of my visit to Singapore as a tourist.

Canadian Immigration will need the COC to cover my tourist dates as well, right? I called SPF and they told me that they do not issue COC for tourist travel! I don't understand this and I am not sure what to do next.
Be sure to write a LOE to IRCC explaining that SPF will not give you a COC for the tourist dates.

suvadeepg

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am in a precarious state of affairs as I have submitted my CEC application with a Singapore COC which was done when I was staying in Singapore in 2016. Let me give you a brief background.. Since I am right now in WP in Canada hence for WP processing I have to process my Singapore COC around June 2016 and after that I stayed till Aug 2016 before I moved to Canada. So essentially I am suppose to have the latest SG-COC which will state my last day in Singapore (which is 22nd Aug,2016) but I haven't processed it & submitted the June Singapore COC along with my application.
Will they reject my application or they will request for the latest SG-COC? Will appreciate your response at earliest.

indy500

May 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

Aug. 11, 2017 - Fingerprints sent to Singapore Police Force
Aug. 25, 2017 - Singapore COC APPROVED
Where did you end up getting fingerprints done in Vancouver? Im going through the process but unfortunately i cannot find any information on what they consider an authorized fingerprint center. I'd love to know what you found out.

Andy Laer

Apr 13, 2019
Hi guys,

I have a strange issue going on. I worked in Singapore from 2009-2013 on an Employment Pass. I visited Singapore 5-10 times after that on a Tourist visa. I applied for my COC and got it very quickly. However, the dates on my COC are only from 2009-2013 when I worked there and does not include any dates of my visit to Singapore as a tourist.

Canadian Immigration will need the COC to cover my tourist dates as well, right? I called SPF and they told me that they do not issue COC for tourist travel! I don't understand this and I am not sure what to do next.
Hi, I want to ask if during your application to Canada did you have a copy of your contract or any proof that you had worked in Singapore? I had the same situation that I'm on an employment pass but in my case I don't have a proof and I don't have my FIN either.My old passport has this wsps stamped when I left SG.

Hsolanke21

Sep 28, 2019
Hey guys, thank you for the thread- it's been super helpful. Unfortunately I am in a peculiar situation- I was at INSEAD from 2016-2018 on a multiple entry tourist visa, since my course was part time. In totality, I haven't spent more than 6 months in Singapore during this tenure, let alone being given a FIN number (not eligible for tourist visa). I have however been asked to furnish the COC from the Singaporean authorities. My question is should I write an LOE explaining my situation (non eligibility for singpass, non eligibility for COC)? I have written to the SPF and intend on calling them but I fear the answer will be that they can't issue a COC based on my profile.

Reactions: PV_Ganesh

Vani79

Dec 29, 2017
Thank you for your advice,

Unfortunately my brother is in Vietnam but he will call ICA & SPF for me later today. (It is Monday there)
At the same time my parents are searching my room in Korea for any evidence of student pass or anything haha
I wish if I can go to Singapore and deal with this matter but my post graduate work permit is expiring in mid of August and bridging open permit which I have applied hasn't been approved yet, so I think it is a bit dangerous to leave Canada at this point.

But I think I will have to write a LOE at the end with the proof of my efforts for COC....
I have submitted PCC for Canada (I've been here for 10 years now) and South Korea (my home country) instead though.

Anyhow, thank you again and please wish me luck :X fingers crossed!
Hi. Did you end up getting a request for CoC from IRCC?