+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Selecting an Attorney for OPNP

limits

May 13, 2015
Hey guys,

Due to my application being returned for being incomplete during this intake, I have decided to hire an attorney for filing the application for the next intake.

So far, I am contemplating between Niren and Associates and David Cohen. Both charge around $4000-5000$ range. Since it is an expensive proposition, I am wondering if any one has used the services of either of these firms and what your experiences were like.

Thanks for the help guys! Cheers!

Tomaslevige

Jul 12, 2016
Hello!

I actually find it fairly cheap. Standard price for such service is around $5000-7000. It however depends what is all included in the price, such as work permit extension, etc. I did my applications myself. I went through the same struggle. Should I pay many thousand dollars to someone about whose quality of service I know nothing. This is why I decided to do it on my own and when I had questions I used extendworkpermitcanada.ca/extending-or-changing-to-a-work-permit-with-a-provincial-or-territorial-nomination-under-a-pnp-program/ . You can ask your questions through this site. Depending how complex your questions is the price I paid per an answer ranged from $10 to $90. Overall, I spent around $400. The answers were thorough and within 24 hours. There is also some free info about getting extending work permits based on provincial nomination.

I hope this helps!

Tom

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear that it was incomplete.
What was missing?

They will open OINP again @ 2017 I believe.

limits

May 13, 2015
Tomaslevige said:
Hello!

I actually find it fairly cheap. Standard price for such service is around $5000-7000. It however depends what is all included in the price, such as work permit extension, etc. I did my applications myself. I went through the same struggle. Should I pay many thousand dollars to someone about whose quality of service I know nothing. This is why I decided to do it on my own and when I had questions I used extendworkpermitcanada.ca/extending-or-changing-to-a-work-permit-with-a-provincial-or-territorial-nomination-under-a-pnp-program/ . You can ask your questions through this site. Depending how complex your questions is the price I paid per an answer ranged from $10 to $90. Overall, I spent around $400. The answers were thorough and within 24 hours. There is also some free info about getting extending work permits based on provincial nomination.

I hope this helps!

Tom
Thank you! I am paying more for having someone verify that the documents I am submitting are in order because I ended up missing something. It wasn't that I did not understand, it was just a mistake. Considering immigration consultants handle a lot of similar application, they probably will not make the same mistake.

djshshajtm said:
Sorry to hear that it was incomplete.
What was missing?

They will open OINP again @ 2017 I believe.
I missed the blank passport pages (very stupid). Basically I just need someone to screen the documents before I submit them. That's all.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Honestly, I think you don't need one. I made the same mistake, but at the time OINP was considering resubmissions. The flip side of getting a consultant is that they handle too many applications that they may neglect or make a mistake on yours, which I experienced before I did my own PR application.

You've since learned to be more careful. In the end, the decision is up to you.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Jeric.jmendoza@gmail.com, ravi@pioneerimmigration.com, dirk@iibc.ca, daniel@siecsi.com These r some good consultants in Canada

limits

May 13, 2015
ashuindian said:
Jeric.jmendoza@gmail.com, ravi@pioneerimmigration.com, dirk@iibc.ca, daniel@siecsi.com These r some good consultants in Canada
Leaving ravi all of these are based in Saskatoon. Any Toronto ones you recommend? (Downtown)

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
limits said:
Leaving ravi all of these are based in Saskatoon. Any Toronto ones you recommend? (Downtown)
U can work with Ravi
He is quite expert & reasonable.