+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help required regarding SPOUSE VISA

Kartik.career9

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,

I am currently studying my Masters in University of Windsor in Canada with valid student visa. I want to bring my wife to Canada. I have few questions regarding the same, could you please help me out in getting answers:

1. What visa I have to apply for my wife - Visit or Open Work permit? (some people suggesting apply first for visit and once she is in Canada apply for open work permit)
2. How much financial assets do we have to show?
3. She is currently my primary sponsor for my education loan,so is it a problem to her during applying visa of her?

Please advice.

Thanks,
Kartik T

jredlom

May 23, 2016
Re: Help required regarding Visitor's visa for short study

I am Edmond and 23 years of age from Ghana.I have gain an admission for an Intensive French language and culture program for six weeks for winter 2017.I have fully paid my tuition and insurance.My mother is my sponsor and i will be submitting her bank statement. I own a shop and the business is registered in my name and also hold a degree in Hospitality Management.What are my chances of obtaining a visa?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Kartik.career9 said:
Hi ,

I am currently studying my Masters in University of Windsor in Canada with valid student visa. I want to bring my wife to Canada. I have few questions regarding the same, could you please help me out in getting answers:

1. What visa I have to apply for my wife - Visit or Open Work permit? (some people suggesting apply first for visit and once she is in Canada apply for open work permit)
2. How much financial assets do we have to show?
3. She is currently my primary sponsor for my education loan,so is it a problem to her during applying visa of her?

Please advice.

Thanks,
Kartik T

1. TRV or OWP. Your choice, doesn't matter what you select.
2. CAD 10000 (yourself) + CAD 4000 (spouse).
3. That's a matter between you and your bank.

WardaKhoso

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Hey guys, I need urgent help on this! If anybody has experienced this please let me know!

I applied for my Canadian Student Visa on 12th of Feb 2016, but I haven't heard from the embassy till date! They haven't even asked for my medicals yet! Why is the long delay? I applied through VAC, whenever I track my application it says " Processed passport has been forwarded to Canada visa office Islamabad on 12/2/16. It's been more than 3 months. Does long delay usually means negative answer?