+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help required regarding evidence of relationship.

Kjano

Dec 16, 2015
So a while back i posted a question and nobody seemed to answer it, so i came to post again.

Gow can i prove relationship to my nephew since he doesnt have a birth certificate nor does his parents have a marriage certificate since its been 30 years and they lost it all.

What i do have is an ID card whoch proves his relationship to his father but not to his mother whilr her mothers ID card proves my relationship to mother.

What should i do?

Should i get an affidacit signed by both or something?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Kjano said:
So a while back i posted a question and nobody seemed to answer it, so i came to post again.

Gow can i prove relationship to my nephew since he doesnt have a birth certificate nor does his parents have a marriage certificate since its been 30 years and they lost it all.

What i do have is an ID card whoch proves his relationship to his father but not to his mother whilr her mothers ID card proves my relationship to mother.

What should i do?

Should i get an affidacit signed by both or something?
Here sometimes it takes time to get a answer specially when you keep posting a new topic. remain stick with your main posted topic and you may get more answers from different users here. and remember we all are here just to help with best of our knowledge within the available information provided by you.
its is always better to post a detail question as it helps more e.g would be if you mention your origin of your country it will help you more as someone from your country will obviously know more about the possible documents your country issue to its nationals.

any how to prove your relationship at the boarder these can be the important factors/documents:-

1) the most important can be your nephew. cic will/can determine your relationship with him through phone (as you said he cannot come to the border in your previous posts) your nephew is ready to help you or not is something different but still he cannot lie about his mother's name, his mother's father name, his mother's brother and sister's name, how many brother and sisters are your nehpew etc and 2ndly your nephew might also have given his family details to cic when he came to canada (in his pr application etc) So generally it is not hard/difficult for CIC to verify a genuine relationship. in Canada mothers name is used in many documents.

2) your birth certificate is the most important document which might have your father's name on it.

3) passport or PR card copy of your nephew, it will have a lot of information when cbsa will pull the records (obviously your sister name will come in)

4) any document of your sister which has your father name on it (as you both share the same father)

5) now you know better which other documents are available in your country to prove that your father had xyz sons and daughters. if any such document exist you can ask anyone from your home country to email you a copy of that document. you can even get a copy of his mother id card or any other record from back home through email.

6) ok lets assume your nephew is jerk ( as posted by you in your previous post) but what about your other nephews and niece ( brother and sisters of your nephew) can you get any document from them to prove that their mother was your sister? because your nephew cannot hide his brothers and sisters name as cic already know them.

7) if your sister is alive then i dont find it difficult for you to prove that she is your sister.

8) the interview at the boarder: let the CBSA officer know the situation and your concern and tell him maximum things verbally which can prove your relationship and most likely the CBSA officer will himself ask you question related to your sister and nephew. e.g when did he came to canada, where was he living before coming to canada, when did you last met him, what he use to do previously, where is your sister, how many kids do your sister have, how many brother sisters are you, any family incidents/events/happening etc. Now you know which things are best to justify and validate your relationship. provide them with maximum genuine information. the key is the interview.

9) generally documents issued by government authorities carries more weight than affidavits as an affidavits may still lack credibility and further verification (phone call, interview) will be required to verify your relationship claim. if you can get an affidavit it is not of any harm either.

So take your time and think for every possible document you can get ( any of your father document, your sister document, your nephew document ) and i am sure you will comeup with one single document which will be credible enoff to prove your relationship. generally a single solid document is sufficient enoff (birth certificate or any family document which mention names and date of birth) to prove the relationship.

10) if you fail to get any solid document and purely want to rely on the interview still you can do that as far as your relationship is genuine. documents are ment to make things easy and it also safes time.

i have tried to mention as much points as i can and i hope any of the given points above may help you.
best of luck and you can ask any question you want ..:) and i can understand how it is when you get into a situation where you are on your right.

Hope it helps