+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help required, Parent visit Visa

sachin9697

Oct 29, 2018
Hi All,

I came to canada in February this year, landed for the first time after getting my PR.
My mother came along with me on a visit visa. We had planned to go back in august but we are now scared to board a flight due to the COVID situation.
She's a diabetic, heart patient for which she takes regular prescription medicines that we brought from India.

Now we are thinking of applying for an extension for her visit visa for another six months.

Can i order her prescription medicines from india?

I am in a complete mess and don't know what to do. Should i move back to india in august? or should i order medicines and wait for her visa extension approval?

Any suggestions and help is immensely appreciated.

Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I came to canada in February this year, landed for the first time after getting my PR.
My mother came along with me on a visit visa. We had planned to go back in august but we are now scared to board a flight due to the COVID situation.
She's a diabetic, heart patient for which she takes regular prescription medicines that we brought from India.

Now we are thinking of applying for an extension for her visit visa for another six months.

Can i order her prescription medicines from india?

I am in a complete mess and don't know what to do. Should i move back to india in august? or should i order medicines and wait for her visa extension approval?

Any suggestions and help is immensely appreciated.

Thanks in advance
You cannot order her prescription medicatin from India. If you try, assume they will be confiscated by customs.

She will need to see a family doctor here in Canada to get a prescription for the medication she needs. Once she has the prescriptions from the Canadian family doctor, you would simply fill the prescriptions through a pharmacy in Canada.

sachin9697

Oct 29, 2018
You cannot order her prescription medicatin from India. If you try, assume they will be confiscated by customs.

She will need to see a family doctor here in Canada to get a prescription for the medication she needs. Once she has the prescriptions from the Canadian family doctor, you would simply fill the prescriptions through a pharmacy in Canada.
Thanks a lot. It really helped and calmed me down :)
I have yet to find a family doctor as i just received my OHIP health card.

Can Walk-in clinics also help me with this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks a lot. It really helped and calmed me down :)
I have yet to find a family doctor as i just received my OHIP health card.

Can Walk-in clinics also help me with this?
Yes, a walk-in clinic should be able to help. You will need to pay for the cost of this visit out of pocket.

sachin9697

Oct 29, 2018
Yes, a walk-in clinic should be able to help. You will need to pay for the cost of this visit out of pocket.
Thanks a lot :)
I was worried but now i see a ray of hope. :)
as i'm new i am not sure about the charges for the visit to the doctor.
Can you please provide an estimate of how much could it be? Also, would the ask for lab tests and other medical checkup before prescribing medicines?
If yes, how much would i need to pay on an estimate?

Thanks again for all the help :)

sachin9697

Oct 29, 2018
Can you please provide an estimate of how much could it be? Also, would the ask for lab tests and other medical checkup before prescribing medicines?

I am in Ottawa

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

No idea how much it will cost. I would call a clinic close to you and ask. Yes - it's certainly possible they may require your mother to take lab tests which you would also need to pay for. No idea what the cost will be.

sachin9697

Oct 29, 2018
No idea how much it will cost. I would call a clinic close to you and ask. Yes - it's certainly possible they may require your mother to take lab tests which you would also need to pay for. No idea what the cost will be.
yeah, I'll give a call to a few clinics and find out.