+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Required - citizenship Application

visit

Star Member
Dec 25, 2011
1) I having been doing contract jobs through my incorporation - So who Do I put as contact name and email for those jobs? I put my incorporation name as Employer

2) My husband and I were on work permit ( Temporary resident) before we got the PR - For one year of the whole eligibility period ( out of 5 years), we were on work permit status - for section 9 , date on which status obtained and date expired - What do we put ?

I am thinking I should put the date on which we originally got the work permit ( in our it was 2 years back from our eligibility starts) and expiry date should be the date on which we became PR -- Is this correct ?

Please clarify.

TickleMeElmo

Nov 20, 2017
Toronto
1. The person who employed you is the persons information that you will list in your application.
2. You put the date the work permit was issued to you and the date it had expired. You should be able to find these dates on your work permit that was issued to you.

TickleMeElmo

Nov 20, 2017
Toronto
1) I having been doing contract jobs through my incorporation - So who Do I put as contact name and email for those jobs? I put my incorporation name as Employer

2) My husband and I were on work permit ( Temporary resident) before we got the PR - For one year of the whole eligibility period ( out of 5 years), we were on work permit status - for section 9 , date on which status obtained and date expired - What do we put ?

I am thinking I should put the date on which we originally got the work permit ( in our it was 2 years back from our eligibility starts) and expiry date should be the date on which we became PR -- Is this correct ?

Please clarify.
Every permit that was issued to you has a valid status date of issued and when they expire. For the application write the date it was issued and the date it was expired. I understand that you got PR while holding on to the permit, but write the expired date that was on the permit.

visit

Star Member
Dec 25, 2011
Thank you so much for your response. Now, I am very clear on the work permit expiry date part.

Regarding my employment, as I mentioned , I am doing contract jobs through my OWN incorporation , in that case, I need to put my name, my phone number and email id as contact details - Or the Client that I work for.

This is where I don't have clarity. Thanks again!!

TickleMeElmo

Nov 20, 2017
Toronto
Thank you so much for your response. Now, I am very clear on the work permit expiry date part.

Regarding my employment, as I mentioned , I am doing contract jobs through my OWN incorporation , in that case, I need to put my name, my phone number and email id as contact details - Or the Client that I work for.

This is where I don't have clarity. Thanks again!!
If you were doing contract work from your own incorporations,
May I ask if there is an address where this place is? It should not be the address of where you resided.

visit

Star Member
Dec 25, 2011
My incorporation address is my residence address - it is self employment sort - I do consultation for various clients - I go to client place for work. Also work a lot from my residence.

TickleMeElmo

Nov 20, 2017
Toronto
In most cases for self employed indiviudals, with their incorporated they do usually have a different address instead of using their home address. In your case I would just write down the address where you conducted your business, which was where you resided.

visit

Star Member
Dec 25, 2011
Thanks again for a very prompt response.

The concern is about what contact name I need to provide in my case. I am trying to understand the rational behind this section - If they want to verify my employment, then I need to provide my client contact for whom I do the job. If I provide my own name, it doesn't make sense for employment verification. I couldn't find a better explanation on the instruction guide.

anuragmaneesha

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 1st 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 19th 2013
Med's Request
April 12th 2014
Med's Done....
May 12th 2014
Passport Req..
Jun 12th 2014
I am in a similar situation and I look forward to anyone who has gone thru this to shed light on the issue

As far as I understand, a good way to address this would be to create an attachment for Question 11 and mention whatever you would want IRCC to know.
In my case, I am planning to provide the name/s of the people who helped me get contractual jobs.

Hope this helps

visit

Star Member
Dec 25, 2011
Thanks for the response. I am thinking to provide additional information as well outside application about the client details. But, what are you planning to provided in the able given in the application : Employer name : Are you going to say self -employed or your incorporation ? Contact name and phone number in the same table ?

anuragmaneesha

Star Member
Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 1st 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 19th 2013
Med's Request
April 12th 2014
Med's Done....
May 12th 2014
Passport Req..
Jun 12th 2014
Employer Name - My Incorporation
Contact Name - The name of the person from the company who helps me get work/contracts
Phone Number - Phone Number of that organization

Having said that I suggest that you also talk to an Immigration Consultant/Lawyer

civilengr

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/27/2014
AOR Received.
PER 01/28/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Additional docs requested : 03/06/2015. doc sent 03/20/2015 RPRF : 03/27/2015
Med's Request
03/28/2015
Med's Done....
04/07/2015 Medical recieved : 04/14/2015
Interview........
Decision Made : 05/30/2015
Passport Req..
06/02/2015
LANDED..........
06/25/2015
Hi everyone, I need help from those who have applied.

Question No. 5
I had changed my last name to my husband's first name on one document in my home country but then before that process would have been completed we had separated, therefore I did not change my last name anywhere else. After divorce I had changed my last name to my maiden name again in home country on that one document where I had changed it. Should I check legal name change as YES?

Question 9c
Another question as well please; during my eligibility period I had visited back home on work permit for 16 days, do I count it as residing outside Canada. Should I check Yes or No?

Question 14 Table A
Do I need to give document numbers for my study/work permits as well? or only my visa document numbers and passport number?

How does the eCas number work? Do I have to login in cic website?

Thank you