+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!! Request for Re-Medical...Something's Wrong!

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 2012, tfr to ISL May 2013
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Hi,

Ok, so I am freaking out right now. My file is in CPP Ottawa apparently, at least that's where it was 6 months ago. Now here's my problem: I applied in November 2011 and got approved to sponsor my husband in January 2012. Since then no communication. I have received no request for a re-medical. WHY??? Can I have a poll of late 2011 applicants if you have gotten a re-medical request or not? Also if you've applied in 2010 or 2012 how long did it take for you to get a remedical request? Also, if you did get a remedical request, was it by email or mail?

My application would in normal circumstances be routed to CHC Islamabad, but MP said that because of the overload there, my application was transferred to CPP Ottawa...anybody else in this circumstance?

I am worried sick right now, please help!!!

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Hi,

Nothing to worry about, really. Medicals are for 12 months. There is a possibility of extending them, if they were done not longer 15 months ago, and if the only thing outstanding before they issue the visa is the medical exam.

Hope this helps!

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
BCgirl2012 said:
Hi,

Nothing to worry about, really. Medicals are for 12 months. There is a possibility of extending them, if they were done not longer 15 months ago, and if the only thing outstanding before they issue the visa is the medical exam.

Hope this helps!
So my 15 months was up in February since app was filed in Nov 2011 (although transferred in January 2012), does that mean that they may have extended it? But my spouse's PR application is not even in process yet. When they extend it, do they send you an email about it or do they just do it themselves? Thank you!

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Wyz said:
So my 15 months was up in February since app was filed in Nov 2011 (although transferred in January 2012), does that mean that they may have extended it? But my spouse's PR application is not even in process yet. When they extend it, do they send you an email about it or do they just do it themselves? Thank you!
If they have sent you a request for re-doing your medical exams, they are not extending it. They have requested that you re-do them. Your VO will have the results after the Regional Medical Office is done assessing them.

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
BCgirl2012 said:
If they have sent you a request for re-doing your medical exams, they are not extending it. They have requested that you re-do them. Your VO will have the results after the Regional Medical Office is done assessing them.
Ok..that puts me a bit at ease..that they "may" have extended my hubby's medical *fingers crossed* because they did not request it yet...and not that his file is sitting there forgotten :( Will be calling the CIC call centre on Monday to see where exactly my file is at...hyperventilating has slowed down a bit...thank you. Eagerly awaiting the GCMS notes as well. I'm just afraid they forgot about us.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Wyz said:
Hi

As well as calling CIC, I suggest sending a CSE to Ottawa. Just explain that you are worried as the medical has expired and you have not heard anything about an extension or doing another one. You can usually get more info from a CSE answer than from a CIC Call Centre agent.

To clarify a bit about the medical extension, the 15 months is from when the medical was done, not when the app was received by CIC. If I guess that your spouse did her medical in Oct 2011, it expired 12 months later in Oct 2012. CIC then had another 3 months, until Jan 2013, to try to extend the medical for another year. It seems most of the time that a medical is extended when the app is pretty much done being processed and the medical expiry is the only thing standing in the way of issuing COPR. And I believe that CIC usually tells the applicant that they are extending the medical. It is possible that they have extended it or that they haven't and will request another medical soon.

Try not to stress :)

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

As well as calling CIC, I suggest sending a CSE to Ottawa. Just explain that you are worried as the medical has expired and you have not heard anything about an extension or doing another one. You can usually get more info from a CSE answer than from a CIC Call Centre agent.

To clarify a bit about the medical extension, the 15 months is from when the medical was done, not when the app was received by CIC. If I guess that your spouse did her medical in Oct 2011, it expired 12 months later in Oct 2012. CIC then had another 3 months, until Jan 2013, to try to extend the medical for another year. It seems most of the time that a medical is extended when the app is pretty much done being processed and the medical expiry is the only thing standing in the way of issuing COPR. And I believe that CIC usually tells the applicant that they are extending the medical. It is possible that they have extended it or that they haven't and will request another medical soon.

Try not to stress :)
Hey sorry, I'm not quite sure what a CSE is...can you explain? Thanks by the way. Trying not to stress but Monday seems so far away :(

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
The best way to figure out the situation on your file is to order the GCMS notes, indeed. As for the call center, it's certainly worth a try. CIC call center only deals with "In Canada" files. You have filed outland through Islamabad, right? I know CPC-O is helping out some visa offices. I'd also say calling wouldn't hurt, even though it might not give you the best idea.

CSE is good. Something to consider is though your file is at CPC-O at the moment, the processing time for your case is still the same as Islamabad's, which unfortunately is 28 months at the moment for 80 percent of the cases.

Like I mentioned, the extensions are only requested when the only thing outstanding is the medical exams. This is the CIC bulletin. It might help to clarify things a bit:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

Best wishes. :)

P.S CSE is "Case Specific Enquiry".

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
BCgirl2012 said:
The best way to figure out the situation on your file is to order the GCMS notes, indeed. As for the call center, it's certainly worth a try. CIC call center only deals with "In Canada" files. You have filed outland through Islamabad, right? I know CPC-O is helping out some visa offices. I'd also say calling wouldn't hurt, even though it might not give you the best idea.

CSE is good. Something to consider is though your file is at CPC-O at the moment, the processing time for your case is still the same as Islamabad's, which unfortunately is 28 months at the moment for 80 percent of the cases.

Like I mentioned, the extensions are only requested when the only thing outstanding is the medical exams. This is the CIC bulletin. It might help to clarify things a bit:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

Best wishes. :)

P.S CSE is "Case Specific Enquiry".
Oh ok, that does make it clearer. I have ordered the GCMS notes on April 6th and just waiting on those. I am going to email CPP Ottawa as well as do the CSE for Islamabad in case my file is there instead. I can't thank you enough!