+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help regarding Spouse

Bhatthal

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Hi Seniors
I have a question. My current score is 427 and If I marry my girlfriend who is Canadian Citizen ,Will that bump up my score or no ?
Please don't ask why I cant use marriage to get PR or Why I need to apply in express entry if I marry her (personal reason please)
Don't mean to offend anybody.
Thanks in advance

aspireimmi

Jun 30, 2015
Bhatthal said:
Hi Seniors
I have a question. My current score is 427 and If I marry my girlfriend who is Canadian Citizen ,Will that bump up my score or no ?
Please don't ask why I cant use marriage to get PR or Why I need to apply in express entry if I marry her (personal reason please)
Don't mean to offend anybody.
Thanks in advance
obviously it will boost your score if she has education , work experience and english/french score.

you need to update your spouse details in EE profile.

Br,
H Mir.

Bhatthal

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Thanks for replying...
But when I put everything in CRS calculator it doesn't bump up the score at all but it does when I Put my gf is not Can PR and she is coming with me, Then it gives me option to put her experience and education. Can you please clarify this?
Thanks

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi H Mir,

Can you please explain how marrying my canadian fiancee will boost my score ?
As far i thought, getting married leads to reduced score in every poit in EE application ?

Thanks

tosincci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4/04/2015 & 29/6/2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
aspireimmi said:
obviously it will boost your score if she has education , work experience and english/french score.

you need to update your spouse details in EE profile.

Br,
H Mir.
Goodday,

i am getting married next month and out of curiosity i opened a demo EE profile to see what that does to my EE score.
a spouse affects CRS scores for me in 3 ways: language, education and canadian work experience (this accounts for 40points).

Assuming u get married and she scores all 20points for language definitely, likely all 10 for canadian work experience and has a masters degree or more then this gives you all +40 points.

however, since you are married you will be docked some points as follows
education: -(2-10)points depending on level
language:- (4-8) points
canadian work experience: - (5-10)points

My score improved from 479 to 483 when married (no 10 points for canadian work experience.

you can go http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp#a2 to do further calculations.

simply, a straight jacket doesnt fit all depends on your scenario it will can go either ways.

all the best

tosincci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4/04/2015 & 29/6/2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
Bhatthal said:
Thanks for replying...
But when I put everything in CRS calculator it doesn't bump up the score at all but it does when I Put my gf is not Can PR and she is coming with me, Then it gives me option to put her experience and education. Can you please clarify this?
Thanks
Not sure but very likely all 40 points for spouse was given you. others in similar situation might be aable to shed more light esp those who are already married with an active profile

Canadian__Irish

Jun 17, 2015
A Canadian spouse won't give you any points. A Canadian obviously has Canadian Education, language, and work experience...

You may get points for adaptability through the FSW program - I think it's minimal though. Possibly 5 points.

If your girlfriend wants to marry you to keep you in the Country, then have her sponsor you.

tosincci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4/04/2015 & 29/6/2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
Canadian__Irish said:
A Canadian spouse won't give you any points. A Canadian obviously has Canadian Education, language, and work experience...

You may get points for adaptability through the FSW program - I think it's minimal though. Possibly 5 points.

If your girlfriend wants to marry you to keep you in the Country, then have her sponsor you.
obviously my fiancee isnt canadian so am not in similar scenario.
However, just a question outta curiosity @canadian_irish, do they still dock points when married despite no points for marriage?
if so definitely, the only outcome is a drop in crs score

Canadian__Irish

Jun 17, 2015
tosincci said:
obviously my fiancee isnt canadian so am not in similar scenario.
However, just a question outta curiosity @ canadian_irish, do they still dock points when married despite no points for marriage?
if so definitely, the only outcome is a drop in crs score
I have no idea actually. The CRS calculator would answer that though. I doubt it though, as the reason you score less as an individual being married is because your spouse should be able to make up those points (with CELPIP, ECA, work experience, etc.), and a Canadian spouse wouldn't add to them.

uxd

Feb 27, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
Med's Done....
04-09-2015
Passport Req..
16-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2015 copr rcvd
if you marry her, you can consider spousal sponsorship from her. She would have to apply for your PR then and show that she is supporting you. And since you have work permit+TRV , you can still work and live here until you get your PR. If your wp is going to expire, and if your PR app is in process, you can apply for wp extension as well - hence a TRV extension - so you would be able to go in and out of Canada. Although "in Canada spousal PR" takes really long probably >24 months?? Not sure abt the processing times. you can check on cic website.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Being married to a Canadian will not give you more points. But if you are married - to a Canadian or otherwise - you cannot lie. You must apply as a married person.

The idea of marrying or not marrying someone so you can have more points - is a bit creepy, BTW.