+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Regarding rejection of TRV

imtiyazbhat

Apr 14, 2018
Respected Sir,

I am a P.hD student in Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. I got an opportunity to present my research work in scientific symposium ISMSC-2018 to be held in Quebec Canada from 6th to 11th July 2018 and for that reason, I got an invitation letter from the authorizing committee. To attend this symposium, I got all my funding approved of nearly 3.2 lakh rupees by the Institute and DST India. So I was excited to visit Canada with a purpose to attend this scientific conference So I applied for Visa (Temporary Resident Visa, for attending a conference ), But to my surprise, my visa got rejected and the reason for refusal was mentioned as below:

"Given purpose of visit, economic conditions and considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada."

At the end they have mentioned this

"This application is closed. Please note that any new information you wish to provide must be submitted with a new application and processing fee. Should you wish to reapply, I would suggest that you do so only if your situation has changed substantively or you have significant new information to submit."

This was quite disheartening to me being a student with a clear background and genuine purpose of visit. In my application, I have provided all the proofs for financial support and my bank statement from last 6 months with the balance of 1,20,000 rupees. I have also visited South Korea in 2016. I don't know what went wrong and have no idea what to improve with the new application form. I need your help If you could please suggest what could be the actual problem which needs to be addressed so that I could reapply for Visa as attending this conference is very important for my career and research collaboration.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
But to my surprise, my visa got rejected and the reason for refusal was mentioned as below:

"Given purpose of visit, economic conditions and considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada."
1. For how long did you want to visit?

2. Was your visit only for the conference and/or for tourism as well?

3. What documents did you submit?

4. Was your visit to South Korea to present a research paper?

5. INR 120,000 is inadequate to pay for your visit, including the airfare. Did IISc and DST pay/book your hotels, airfare and transfer the approved funding to your personal bank account?

imtiyazbhat

Apr 14, 2018
1. For how long did you want to visit?

2. Was your visit only for the conference and/or for tourism as well?

3. What documents did you submit?

4. Was your visit to South Korea to present a research paper?

5. INR 120,000 is inadequate to pay for your visit, including the airfare. Did IISc and DST pay/book your hotels, airfare and transfer the approved funding to your personal bank account?
Thank you, sir, for your response
1. I have mentioned 5-17th July that is 12 days including travel.
2. Yeah, I was planning to stay 3 days extra in addition to conference days to explore around.
3. Along with visa application form, I submitted these documents a) form 5257edocuments imm5484e, b) family form imm5707e, c) invitation letter, d) Letter of Explanation,e) NOC from Institute, f) letter from my research supervisor, g) Approval letter for financial support of 1,00,000 from the Institute
h) Bank Statement from last six months, i) confirmed Air ticket.
4. Yeah In SouthKorea I attended the same conference and presented my research paper.
5. I got approval from both the institute and DST now for paying me a hotel, airfare, registration fee but DST will reimburse it when my trip is over. I won't get it advance. Institute will give 90,000 in advance. I have already paid the registration fee.

Last edited:

imtiyazbhat

Apr 14, 2018
Yeah, i’m also curious what documents did you submit.
Sir Along with visa application form, I submitted these documents a) form 5257edocuments imm5484e, b) family form imm5707e, c) invitation letter, d) Letter of Explanation,e) NOC from Institute, f) letter from my research supervisor, g) Approval letter for financial support of 1,00,000 from the Institute
h) Bank Statement from last six months, i) confirmed Air ticket.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
Litigate the refusal in Federal Court. Apply for an Application for leave and Judicial Review.

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
Thanks for your suggestion, But I feel this will take quite a long time. The conference is on 6th to 13th July 2018
Apply again with in 2 days . Apply online. You might get TRV till June ending .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for your suggestion, But I feel this will take quite a long time. The conference is on 6th to 13th July 2018
Filing an appeal in court is not good advice + it won't get you a TRV. Not sure why the poster suggested it to you.

Your finances (personal + the advance paid by IISc/DST) are very low and won't cover the cost of the visit + tourism for three days. You must prove you have the finances NOW. Reimbursements in the future by DST won't work.

Have you worked out a detailed day-by-day plan with expense estimates to calculate how much money you would need? Do include meals/ local travel/ hotel/ sightseeing expenses, every little expense, etc. You can mention that airfare has been paid for.

Can one of your parents financially support your visit? If yes, you need to include a Letter of Financial Support from your parent + their 6 months' bank statement + their recent ITR + the letter from DST to reimburse later, etc etc.

Do go through these links for suggestions to make your application stronger:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/refusal-of-visitor-visa-to-present-paper-at-ieee-conference.408984/#post-5113513

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-rejection-suggestion-needed-on-reapplication-biometrics.410206/#post-5129913

Last edited:
Reactions: Buletruck