+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help regarding proof of funds

jaguarfree

Apr 10, 2015
dobes said:
Hold on! If your father GIVES you the money (and a notarized statement to say it was a gift and not a loan) you should be fine! There really is no problem with people giving you money to meet the requirement. You just can't take a loan.
That's what I was thinking. If father gifts me that money it will be mine money. So if I maintain that gift money in my account for 6 months. will that work???? will CIC ask my father's account statement to check how he got that money??? Too much confusion ???

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaguarfree said:
That's what I was thinking. If father gifts me that money it will be mine money. So if I maintain that gift money in my account for 6 months. will that work???? will CIC ask my father's account statement to check how he got that money??? Too much confusion ???
CIC doesn't care how your father got the money. They care how you got it. You don't need to keep it for six months. If you have had it for less than that when you submit your PR application, just get a letter from your father saying that he gave it - not lent it - to you.