+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help regarding immigration, pr or citizen status

Bahrain

Dec 23, 2014
Hi All,
First of all thank you very much for your valuable help and suggestions. This forum has benefited me a lot so many times.
I have a confusing case right now. I am applying for citizenship and my eligibility period is from July 30 2017 till July 30 2021 (thats the date I will be signing). I have travelled outside of canada once in this 5 year period for one month and that was my family visit in 2019. I only hold citizenship of other country till now and I was working in middle east from 2010 to 2016 May. (this was during my time of pr application).
Now the number 13 in application form requires to mention immigration, pr status of any other country other than canada. I filled my country of origin and do i need to mention my time of stay at middle east from 2010 till 2016? unfortunately my visa details in old passport is lost and i am not sure about the exact date of work visa to mention (if i have to). Those details were mentioned in my pr application and I could not track those file also. Please help guys what you think on this or if you have similar experience.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,
First of all thank you very much for your valuable help and suggestions. This forum has benefited me a lot so many times.
I have a confusing case right now. I am applying for citizenship and my eligibility period is from July 30 2017 till July 30 2021 (thats the date I will be signing). I have travelled outside of canada once in this 5 year period for one month and that was my family visit in 2019. I only hold citizenship of other country till now and I was working in middle east from 2010 to 2016 May. (this was during my time of pr application).
Now the number 13 in application form requires to mention immigration, pr status of any other country other than canada. I filled my country of origin and do i need to mention my time of stay at middle east from 2010 till 2016? unfortunately my visa details in old passport is lost and i am not sure about the exact date of work visa to mention (if i have to). Those details were mentioned in my pr application and I could not track those file also. Please help guys what you think on this or if you have similar experience.
You will have to enter all statuses you held irrespective of when you held that status - Citizen, Work Visa, Student Visa, Visitor Visa and anything else.

If you don't have an exact date, provide an approximate date and explain this situation using a Letter of Explanation. Since this time falls outside your eligibility period, approximate dates should not have too much impact on your application.

Bahrain

Dec 23, 2014
Thanks Rajkamalmohanram, I will put the tentative date and mention in the letter saying i dont have my old passport and this was already applied in PR process, lets c.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks Rajkamalmohanram, I will put the tentative date and mention in the letter saying i dont have my old passport and this was already applied in PR process, lets c.
Just tell them you've lost your old passports and as a result, you don't have the exact dates hence you have provided tentative dates for Q13 in the application.

Good luck!