+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help regarding filing a visit VISA case.

kamee79

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
Hi seniors,

I am a permanent resident and residing in Canada since last 1 year. I have to apply for a visit visa for my parents, I have already filled all the forms and sent us to my parents so they can apply to the local visa office( i don't want to apply online). My questions is how my parents should present it to visa office, i mean do they need to use separate folders with document separator for each applicant (my mother and father), can you please give me some idea so i will engage my sister over there to help them out.

Kamran

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

VFS does not accept folders with document separators.

What your sister can do is to staple documents separately (if required).... and again, please check with your local VFS if they allow stapled documents because some VFS do not allow this.... if there are many documents then go ahead and staple it so papers do not get misplaced/wrong sequence

I will also suggest buying these big paper clips (not the regular ones) to hold each applicant's documents together.... VFS may request you to remove it but you can politely say that you do not want the sequence of documents to change.

The bar code page and Forms will be right at the top..... then the host documents.... then the Covering Letter + Applicant documents..... but don't worry about the sequence.... the VFS guys will help your parents with this

Hope this helps :)

kamee79

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
thanks alot Bryanna for your response. When you say covering letter what does it mean? is it the invitation letter from the host which contains the purpose of visit, duration of stay and other details as well? i am not attaching the covering letter just attaching the invitation letter. Please advise.

Bryanna said:
Hi,

VFS does not accept folders with document separators.

What your sister can do is to staple documents separately (if required).... and again, please check with your local VFS if they allow stapled documents because some VFS do not allow this.... if there are many documents then go ahead and staple it so papers do not get misplaced/wrong sequence

I will also suggest buying these big paper clips (not the regular ones) to hold each applicant's documents together.... VFS may request you to remove it but you can politely say that you do not want the sequence of documents to change.

The bar code page and Forms will be right at the top..... then the host documents.... then the Covering Letter + Applicant documents..... but don't worry about the sequence.... the VFS guys will help your parents with this

Hope this helps :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Kamran,

What I suggest is to include a Cover Letter signed by the Applicant..... that gives an overview of his/her TRV application.... and covers points like the applicant details/Purpose of visit/Finances, Flight Bookings, Accommodation for the visit/Strong ties to the home country/ etc

The invitation letter from the host is different from this cover letter

Cheers :)

kamee79

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
Thanks, my wife and kids are currently living with my parents, should I mention this in the covering letter? Also, my mom has osteoporosis so cannot live in a very cold weather hence, I need her to be with be in summer. should this be mentioned in the letter too? just to clear visa officer that they have to go back.

Bryanna said:
Hi Kamran,

What I suggest is to include a Cover Letter signed by the Applicant..... that gives an overview of his/her TRV application.... and covers points like the applicant details/Purpose of visit/Finances, Flight Bookings, Accommodation for the visit/Strong ties to the home country/ etc

The invitation letter from the host is different from this cover letter

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

kamee79 said:
Thanks, my wife and kids are currently living with my parents, should I mention this in the covering letter?
Sure, you can mention it

We had discussed this point on another thread.... your wife and kids are Canadian PRs.... so they are not exactly a strong family tie for your parents' visas.... are your kids studying in the local school? Or is your wife employed/has a business in Pakistan?

Also, my mom has osteoporosis so cannot live in a very cold weather hence, I need her to be with be in summer. should this be mentioned in the letter too? just to clear visa officer that they have to go back.
Yes. But be sure not to over stress on this fact

Hope you have bought an overseas travel medical insurance policy for your mom (considering her health situation).... this must be submitted with the visa application

kamee79

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
Yes my kids are studying there in a local school and my wife is not working, she is a housewife.

Bryanna said:
Hi,
Sure, you can mention it

We had discussed this point on another thread.... your wife and kids are Canadian PRs.... so they are not exactly a strong family tie for your parents' visas.... are your kids studying in the local school? Or is your wife employed/has a business in Pakistan?

Yes. But be sure not to over stress on this fact

Hope you have bought an overseas travel medical insurance policy for your mom (considering her health situation).... this must be submitted with the visa application

kamee79

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
Do I need to attach a proof which shows that my kids are in school there, such as letter from school?

kamee79 said:
Yes my kids are studying there in a local school and my wife is not working, she is a housewife.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
In the explanation about your parents' strong ties to Pakistan.... you can mention that your parents live with your wife and kids together in the same household.... and include school proofs that have the same residential address, household registry documents, etc

kamee79

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
Thanks.

Bryanna said:
In the explanation about your parents' strong ties to Pakistan.... you can mention that your parents live with your wife and kids together in the same household.... and include school proofs that have the same residential address, household registry documents, etc