+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help regarding brother's visit visa application

JordanPattinson

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
Hello everyone, my brother is looking to apply for a visit visa to Canada. We have an invitation letter from our aunt that is not notarized, and my sister, who resides in Canada, can provide a notarized invitation letter. Which option would enhance the application's strength, and is it possible to submit both for added support?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone, my brother is looking to apply for a visit visa to Canada. We have an invitation letter from our aunt that is not notarized, and my sister, who resides in Canada, can provide a notarized invitation letter. Which option would enhance the application's strength, and is it possible to submit both for added support?
Notarized letter is not necessary. You can submit both as they can say visiting but he will support himself. Assume they live close to each other. Brother shows own funds/bank statements, reasons to return (job letter with approved leave, business, investments, income properties, spouse/child), travel history with valid reasons to travel.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Different question, but don't want to open a new thread:

My wife has two younger sisters that want to apply for visitor visa. One is 14 yo and the other one is 23 yo. The older one will provide her own proof of funds and the younger one will be sponsored by my wife.

1. Can we send their VV applications from my wife's GCKey account?
2. Can they apply together or do we have to submit separate applications given they're providing different sources of economic funds?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Different question, but don't want to open a new thread:

My wife has two younger sisters that want to apply for visitor visa. One is 14 yo and the other one is 23 yo. The older one will provide her own proof of funds and the younger one will be sponsored by my wife.

1. Can we send their VV applications from my wife's GCKey account?
2. Can they apply together or do we have to submit separate applications given they're providing different sources of economic funds?
Your wife can not sponsor her sister which I assume you mean pay for her sister’s visit. Her parents should be the ones who provide proof of funding the travel costs even if your wife is the one who ends up paying for the the flight. Your wife can provide additional proof of finances. They need to submit separate applications. The eldest sister is consider a separate entity. The youngest sister and her parents are viewed as a family for immigration purposes and could be included on one account.

Reactions: andrews17