+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help regarding application for visitor visa

Una86

May 11, 2014
Hello All,

I am a Bosnian 28 year old national and need to apply for a visitor Canadian visa to attend a conference. Currently, I live and work in UK as a researcher, but my contract here ends on September 2016. I am single and have no children. I would appreciate any advise you can provide related to this application.

Below is the list of documents that I intend to provide:

- A letter from my employer that includes details on my position (salary, job description, begin date, end date). Moreover the letter states that the employer covers all expenses: hotel, conference registration fees and flight tickets, etc.

- Flight itenary and hotel reservation for 6 nights;

- Bank statement from 2 bank accounts in Bosnia showing more than 30 000 euros;

- Proof of scientific status (PhD degree)

- Conference invitation letter and meeting brochure.

- A good travel record (over the past 5 years: worked and studied in France, visited Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands and China).

Since I have a very bad experience with visa application and since I don't have time to reapply in case of rejection, I would appreciate very much any advise on this matter. Are the above evidences enough for a visitor visa?

I am a bit worried that they reject me becase I may not have very strong ties with my current country of residence.

Many thanks,

Una

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your papers look good. If the conference is just 5 days and you ask visa for 6 days (to arrive and to depart) then there should not be a problem.

The only question- do you have relatives in Canada?

Una86

May 11, 2014
Thanks for your reply.
No, I don't have any relatives nor friends in Canada. I'm the only child so don't have anyone aside from my parents who live in Bosnia.