+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Refusal due to Financial Reasons

Japorized

Jun 23, 2015
Hello,

I just joined the forum today cause I am rather desperate as to what I should do to get my Canadian visa and study permit. I'm 20 this year, a Malaysian, and has obtained an offer to transfer to a university in Ontario.
My first visa application (which I applied in early March 2015) has been refused due to financial reasons, in which the officer mentioned that they are not satisfied that I have sufficient funds to pay my tuition fees, maintain myself in Canada, and transport myself to Canada.

Checking back my original financial documents, I noticed that one of my parents' bank accounts was updated last September. Calculating the rest of the total amount of funds constitutes up to about CAD$40,000, which falls short of about CAD$4,000.

Then several questions occurred to me, why exactly do they think that I do not have sufficient funds, if my funds is only off by a meagre amount of money? I have tried contacting the Canadian Embassy in Singapore, since I'm applying from Malaysia, but no contact can be established at all.

I have then decided to make a second application, but I am still confused with how I should prepare my financial documents. I understand that I need to prepare bank statements for the past 4 months, but how much exactly should be in the statements in these 4 months? Should it be the total amount of what I need to pay for my tuition (and another CAD$10,000), or just if I'm able to gather the right amount of funds in the last month (most recent month, which is earlier this June).
I have now around CAD$57,000 ready now but I do not have the right amount of funds in the past four months. I have also prepared documents like dividend certificates. Still, I am both confused and insecure as to whether the application will succeed or will it be rejected again, as I do not know what exactly was the reason to my previous rejection, as well as what exactly are they looking for in my financial status.

I have about 2 months' time left before the commencement of my studies there in Canada, which is why I am this desperate.
I look forward to a reply soon from anyone. Thanks so much in advance.

legro

Star Member
May 18, 2015
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront, 21-07-2015
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
Japorized said:
Hello,

I just joined the forum today cause I am rather desperate as to what I should do to get my Canadian visa and study permit. I'm 20 this year, a Malaysian, and has obtained an offer to transfer to a university in Ontario.
My first visa application (which I applied in early March 2015) has been refused due to financial reasons, in which the officer mentioned that they are not satisfied that I have sufficient funds to pay my tuition fees, maintain myself in Canada, and transport myself to Canada.

Checking back my original financial documents, I noticed that one of my parents' bank accounts was updated last September. Calculating the rest of the total amount of funds constitutes up to about CAD$40,000, which falls short of about CAD$4,000.

Then several questions occurred to me, why exactly do they think that I do not have sufficient funds, if my funds is only off by a meagre amount of money? I have tried contacting the Canadian Embassy in Singapore, since I'm applying from Malaysia, but no contact can be established at all.

I have then decided to make a second application, but I am still confused with how I should prepare my financial documents. I understand that I need to prepare bank statements for the past 4 months, but how much exactly should be in the statements in these 4 months? Should it be the total amount of what I need to pay for my tuition (and another CAD$10,000), or just if I'm able to gather the right amount of funds in the last month (most recent month, which is earlier this June).
I have now around CAD$57,000 ready now but I do not have the right amount of funds in the past four months. I have also prepared documents like dividend certificates. Still, I am both confused and insecure as to whether the application will succeed or will it be rejected again, as I do not know what exactly was the reason to my previous rejection, as well as what exactly are they looking for in my financial status.

I have about 2 months' time left before the commencement of my studies there in Canada, which is why I am this desperate.
Dear Japorized,
I understand your predicament. What CIC really wants is for you to show that you have sufficient funds to cater for yourself during your stay in Canada. There are so many ways to prove existence of sufficient funds: this includes, evidence of funds in your bank account which, if converted, would be equal to the tuition for the first year of study and 10000 Canadian Dollars. If the funds are provided by another person, then a letter from them. There are other ways of showing sufficient funds; evidence of payment of the tuition and accommodation, bank draft in convertible currency, proof of student loan etc.
Truly, I am yet to pin your query, but if you can show that the balance in your accounts at the moment is upto the required minimum, then you are good to go. The funds need not be present throughout the four months.
This is my opinion based on what I understood from your statement. If it does not satisfy your query, kindly revert to this post.

Candra

May 12, 2015
Hi Japorized,
I'm from Indonesia. From what I heard from my agency, the proof of funds is at least CAD$30.000. You need your bank statement for the past 4 months, means your bank account is not new. You only need your current amount to be over CAD$30.000, your previous amount won't matter much.
Also you mentioned you haven't updated your current bank account. You have to, everything must be up to date and have the bank signature. And make sure you show them the receipt of the tuition fees that you paid.
I hope the best of luck for you.

Star Member
May 2, 2015
Take note of your closing balance too. should not be below the required amount

Japorized

Jun 23, 2015
Hi legro, Candra, and 9191,
Thanks for your reply.

Now what if the amount has been transferred into fixed deposit? Do I still show my bank statements as well as the proof of the fixed deposit?
My parents and I have received a bit too many advices from friends and family so we were quite confused ourselves and ended up putting the money into fixed deposit instead.

camani

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Japorized said:
Hello,

Hi i will advise that you pay first semester fees to the school before applying again. it does help in case like this.