+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP - Received emails from IRCC and confused

quarantine2020

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone, today I received emails from IRCC almost at the same time, and I'm confused about what (if anything) I need to /should do next. Please help!

At 2:20PM, I received an email called "Request Letter", telling me to submit FBI police certificate because I lived in the US for more than 6 months.
In my original application, I already submitted a FBI police certificate, but this certificate is a bit old, although everything is still valid/no change
The last time I set foot in the US was 10 years ago. My FBI police certificate is from 3 years ago.
When I received this "Request Letter" email, I thought maybe the certificate is really too old and I had to do it again, and immediately started reading how to do it.

At 2:24PM, I received ANOTHER email called "Information Letter, and to quote IRCC, "Please disregard previous request letter sent to you on today’s date."

Right now, in the 'front page' of my account where it says "View the applications you submitted", my PR application's "Current Status" says "Your Action is Required". However, when I click on the "Check full application status" field and open the application, within the application page, my "Application Status" says "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

I'm so confused. Should I try to get a new FBI certificate or not? I called IRCC 5 times today and haven't been able to connect. HELP. THANK YOU.

CEC Inland
AOR Sept 2
Med/Bio Oct 17

quarantine2020

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hello. I called IRCC and was told verbally that "No you don't need to upload anything extra". However, the status on my IRCC still doesn't go away - it still says "Your Action is Required" and there's a slot to upload new document. I don't know what to think anymore. Thoughts?