+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Questions regarding PR Renewal (and a few issues)

PhantomUser

Dec 20, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8 2015
AOR Received.
March 12 2015
File Transfer...
March 16 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 22 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 7 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 20 2015
Hey guys. So my I am renewing my PR Card (Expiry is Aug 2015)

I have the requirements except for some issues on the following:

PASSPORT

I sent my passport for renewal and have received it back from our country's embassy... BUT my new passport has my name WRONG. Now I got my old passport back with the correct name on it, however it has 2 punched holes on the 1st 3 pages on the front and the back. It's expiry date is on May 2015. and the NEW PASSPORT with my name error is May 2019.

PROBLEM

PR Renewals require a copy of all pages of the passport. I can't send them pages of my NEW PASSPORT with the wrong name, I can however send them a copy of my old passport, but it has holes on the 1st 3 pages on the front and back, would that be valid?

I am travelling in June, would it be smart to just renew my PR card when I return in July? Since my PR Card expires Aug 2015. By then, I would have a corrected NEW passport already. Would I have no problems coming back to Canada?

***DO ALL photocopies have to be certified too?

Thank you for your help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suggest you renew your PR card after you return in July. You wouldn't want to travel outside Canada without a valid PR card anyways. Only CIC knows how long your new PR card will process.