+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Questions on adding newborn to app after Passport Request(PPR)

n.waqar

Dec 16, 2019
Hi there,

I know this topic has been brought up a number of times but I havent been able to find the specific answers I need.

Background:

Our baby was born after eAOR(electronic Acknowledgement of Receipt of PR application) and right before we received PPR(passport request). I raised a CSE with IRCC and they have requested us for the necessary documents which include there:
  • Online payment receipt for adding a dependent,
  • Baby's passport & birth certificate,
  • IMM 5406
  • IMM 0008

Now the questions are:
  1. IRCC only opened one new slot for file upload on my account. This is labeled as "Kit, Application forms (required)", Do I upload all the documents together to this one slot?
  2. I am not sure if they want the medical for my newborn or not. Should I just got an upfront medical and send it along?
  3. They havent asked for a new proof of finances either. Do I also need to include that along with these other documents?
  4. Should my wife and submit our passports to the VO or is the first PPR invalid now? The deadline is on the 14th of Dec.

Please provide any details you may have on these 4 questions and I will be very grateful. I will share the complete process here once I am through with this so others can also benefit.

n.waqar

Dec 16, 2019
Okay so I have received an update from IRCC asking me to disregard the initial PPR and wait for a new PPR to be issued.

Can anyone please answer question 1,2 and 3 for me?

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
hello @n.waqar

I was wondering if you got any updates.
Did you get a new PPR? If yes, when?
Did you provide proof of finances? Do the medical for your newborn?
It would be helpful if you could reply back. Thanks in advance.

n.waqar

Dec 16, 2019
@KoKo_ Sure I am a happy to help.

Just so I provide a complete response for everyone else as well, here is what happened.

I filled the list of documents they asked for and complied them into one PDF file and uploaded them to the one single slot on my IRCC account. A week after submission I received a new message on my IRCC account which included form MM 1017 E(Medical Examination) and then I proceeded to book an appointment for Medical and thus eventually got that done. There was no action required from my side after getting the medical done.

After that in another couple of days my application status was updated to "Review of medical results - January XXXXXX: You passed the medical exam."

Since then I have not heard back from the IRCC nor have there been any updates on te IRCC account. I reached out and asked for a status update but they said "Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed. "

Soon after the pandemic broke out and I don't think they are processing any skilled worker EE application since so I am still waiting for PPR. They have no asked me for the new proof of finances yet.

I hope that answers your question.

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
So the medical exam for newborns has to be done at the approved physician. Similar to what uve done for urself, not any doctor or hospital

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
@KoKo_ Sure I am a happy to help.

Just so I provide a complete response for everyone else as well, here is what happened.

I filled the list of documents they asked for and complied them into one PDF file and uploaded them to the one single slot on my IRCC account. A week after submission I received a new message on my IRCC account which included form MM 1017 E(Medical Examination) and then I proceeded to book an appointment for Medical and thus eventually got that done. There was no action required from my side after getting the medical done.

After that in another couple of days my application status was updated to "Review of medical results - January XXXXXX: You passed the medical exam."

Since then I have not heard back from the IRCC nor have there been any updates on te IRCC account. I reached out and asked for a status update but they said "Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed. "

Soon after the pandemic broke out and I don't think they are processing any skilled worker EE application since so I am still waiting for PPR. They have no asked me for the new proof of finances yet.

I hope that answers your question.
Hi. Any updates for you?