+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Help] Question about employment reference?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Question about employment reference?

As you don't have payslips and offer letter can you show your tax return as you would have had to declare the income from your employers as taxable income.

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

JoacRy said:
As you don't have payslips and offer letter can you show your tax return as you would have had to declare the income from your employers as taxable income.
I wasn't eligible to taxable income at that time. so i don't have it really. I started filing for tax returns only when i started working in my second company.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Does "Permanent" should be mentioned in employment reference letter?

vivekforbes said:
I just realized i don't have payslip, offer letter (i lost it) for my first company, but i do have employment reference letter with responsibilities, two salary increment letter, relieving letter. Is that enough?

Current job
--------------
  • Employment Reference Letter with responsibilities - Not sure my employer will mention number of hours per week and salary (will try to get it mentioned in letter)
  • Offer Letter - Salary, benefits mentioned
  • Payslips
  • T4
  • Salary increment Letter

If you can get those details mentioned in the reference letter, nothing else needed. Else add offer letter to prove that this was paid full-time experience.

Previous Job (Second Job)
-----------------------------------------
  • Employment Reference Letter with responsibilities, but no hours per week and salary
  • Offer Letter - hours per week, benefits, and salary details are mentioned
  • Payslips
  • Form 16
  • Relieving Letter

Same as above.

Previous Job (First Job)
-----------------------------------------
  • Employment Reference Letter with responsibilities (number of hours per week, salary mentioned)
  • Relieving Letter
  • Experience Letter, but given as two pages(One page for just trainee details without salary (Six months), and another one with salary and other employment info(Remaining duration)) - Do i have to submit this?

Just the reference letter would suffice.

is that good enough? I am worrying CIC will ask me to provide the payslips & offer letter for first company which i don't have, because i have less proofs then last two employers.

CIC doesn't ask for payslips or offer letter. Having 'less' proof for a job is not a problem. If the letter has all the details required by CIC, good to go.

Please advice.

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks a lot buddy, but its okay to upload all supporting documents right?

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hey Asivad & others, Please clarify this one.

I have small problem with first company. In the first six months i was as trainee, but i was only offered after six months. In the offer letter, they didn't included first six month, but when i quit, my HR provided two letters, one mentioned i was trainee for six months, another mentioned my full (without that six months) duration of the job.

Is it ok to include that duration or just omit it. The problem is all my previous CIC application (Study permit, Study permit extension, Work permit) included that six months. What do you guys think? Should i omit it or pursue my employers to include that period in reference letter?

What about that six months? should i include or just omit that. I am worried CIC might cross check with the information i provided when i applied for work permit. What do you guys think?
I got employment reference letter today without including that six months. As one of the member mentioned, i am going to omit those six months in work history section, and include them in personal history section (Do i need to include that?). Here is easy explanation,

1. Worked first six months as software engineer trainee without pay (not included in reference letter or offer letter) Have one page letter in official company head (which was issued by different HR whose left the company), just mentioning basic employment info(trainee info which my employer didn't have it in their database).
2. After six months, i was offered as same software engineer trainee with pay. (Included in both employment reference letter and offer letter)

Since i am going to omit those six month in work history section, what do i need to mention in personal history section? Do i need to upload that one page?

I am worrying that the information i provided in my (study permit, work permit) and EE profile wont be consistent. What do you think?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vivekforbes said:
Hey Asivad & others, Please clarify this one.

I got employment reference letter today without including that six months. As one of the member mentioned, i am going to omit those six months in work history section, and include them in personal history section (Do i need to include that?).

This will work. You'll get points for paid experience and not for the 6 months unpaid internship which will only be reported under Personal history. It won't be reported under Personal history as a separate line item - just choose 'Employment' for the entire period.

Here is easy explanation,

1. Worked first six months as software engineer trainee without pay (not included in reference letter or offer letter) Have one page letter in official company head (which was issued by different HR whose left the company), just mentioning basic employment info(trainee info which my employer didn't have it in their database).
2. After six months, i was offered as same software engineer trainee with pay. (Included in both employment reference letter and offer letter)

Since i am going to omit those six month in work history section, what do i need to mention in personal history section? Do i need to upload that one page?

No documentation uploads required in Personal history section.

I am worrying that the information i provided in my (study permit, work permit) and EE profile wont be consistent. What do you think?

Doesn't matter. Different applications, different purposes. Too minor a detail to make a difference.

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks a lot buddy.

This will work. You'll get points for paid experience and not for the 6 months unpaid internship which will only be reported under Personal history. It won't be reported under Personal history as a separate line item - just choose 'Employment' for the entire period.
What do you mean by It won't be reported under Personal history as a separate line item - just choose 'Employment' for the entire period.?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vivekforbes said:
Thanks a lot buddy.

What do you mean by It won't be reported under Personal history as a separate line item - just choose 'Employment' for the entire period.?
It means that you don't have to report the 6 month period as a separate line item under Personal history. Club it together with employment and have a single line item.

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Asivad Anac said:
It means that you don't have to report the 6 month period as a separate line item under Personal history. Club it together with employment and have a single line item.
Oh. I thought, in personal history also i have to list each and every company, like employer name and duration. So, i just need to mention all company experience as single line?

I am sorry for nitpicking this. I didn't see the forms yet, and that's why asking these questions.

Thank you so much for the help.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vivekforbes said:
Oh. I thought, in personal history also i have to list each and every company, like employer name and duration. So, i just need to mention all company experience as single line?

I am sorry for nitpicking this. I didn't see the forms yet, and that's why asking these questions.

Thank you so much for the help.
You'll know when you get to your post ITA application. Focus on the other aspects of your application for now.

All the best!

varun22

May 26, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2016<br>Medicals Passed - 29-01-2016 <br>Ghost Mail - 31-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
Hi Asivad,

I am in same company from past 7 years but on three different designations as I got two promotions during this period.
Under my work history, do I need to mention in three different lines with each designation or in one line with current designation?

Thanks,
Varun

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varun22 said:
Hi Asivad,

I am in same company from past 7 years but on three different designations as I got two promotions during this period.
Under my work history, do I need to mention in three different lines with each designation or in one line with current designation?

Thanks,
Varun
As many lines as NOCs. Designations don't matter.