+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help question 2b in background information study permit app,i had imm1282b form while visiting.

GetToCanada91

Aug 7, 2019
I am confused in answering these questions below

Once a canada cbsa agent gave imm1282b allowed to leave form voluntary withdrawal, no bans nor no remarks of passports or no other forms to me. Main reason i had like only 700 in bank and was in canada for five months prior to that. I had to bring my car back, after a week i was allowed to visit Montreal again.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
When exactly did you get this form? CBSA doesn't normally just walk up to you on the street and hand you an allowed to leave form. Was it at a border post or something similar? Had you been working?

You may wish to answer YES to b) and provide details of the Allowed to Leave form just in case. Even if it's not strictly being denied entry or ordered to leave Canada, it's better to say yes and be told it doesn't count than to say no and be banned for misrepresentation.

GetToCanada91

Aug 7, 2019
hi it was At Niagara Falls POE by road. i did attach a client letter explaining whole situation and referred to same in answer for questionD.

GetToCanada91

Aug 7, 2019
i read else where that the answer is no and in the allow to leave form it didn't mention any such stating denied entry or anything in that tone. so i am confused and the university international student advisers were asking me to refer help and answer as i see fit but where not giving plain yes or no, when i asked them.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Because signing an allowed to leave form is not clearly being denied entry - its something polite that the border officers do when you are denied but they don't want to officially deny you.

As I said above, it's better to say yes and be told it doesn't count than say no and be told it does.

But you're right, it's not clear. What you did is the best that you can do. I'm just puzzled why you asked the question if you've already submitted the form.

GetToCanada91

Aug 7, 2019
i should have went with yes .. they refused my app

i applied for masters i already have masters in usa, i was hoping to get into phd through a cyber lab but prof said as i didn't have thesis in that degree the university wouldn't accept me and suggested to apply for masters with full funding if i get good grades. i got the letter with these reasons

• I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your history of having contravened the conditions of admission on a previous stay in Canada.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment/available financial resources, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.