+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: Query regarding PCC - Passport address change (Mumbai,India)

Cpnav

Feb 17, 2020
Hi All,

I recently submitted my express entry application and the passport that I used there has an address where I no longer stay. I’ve shifted to a new place now, been leaving here for over a year now. Both places are in Mumbai fyi.

I’m concerned about the pcc now.

should I get my address changed on the passport, which means new passport? Which will differ from the one that was submitted with my application or this is not needed?

Will be really thankful if somebody could guide me here.

workingmind

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Changing your address on your passport will be a lengthy process. To save time, mention your current address in PCC application and if police comes to your house for verification, tell them that you moved from the address in the passport.

Reactions: Cpnav

Cpnav

Feb 17, 2020
Changing your address on your passport will be a lengthy process. To save time, mention your current address in PCC application and if police comes to your house for verification, tell them that you moved from the address in the passport.
Pardon me if this comes across as a very lay question, but when you say the _police comes to your house_ , they'll of course come to the current address mentioned on the pcc application right?

Reactions: AtulDureja

kvinati

Sep 1, 2020
Hi All,

I recently submitted my express entry application and the passport that I used there has an address where I no longer stay. I’ve shifted to a new place now, been leaving here for over a year now. Both places are in Mumbai fyi.

I’m concerned about the pcc now.

should I get my address changed on the passport, which means new passport? Which will differ from the one that was submitted with my application or this is not needed?

Will be really thankful if somebody could guide me here.
With new Indian PCC rules in effect since Aug 21, PCC is only issued on the address mentioned on the passport. If the current address and passport address differ, I would suggest that you get passport renewed asap. It will save you time after you get ITA.
While it says on the official website that PCC is granted in less than a day (mailed to the address that you’ve applied for PCC for) in both mine and my spouse’s case, we had a police officer who visited the house for verification. Also choosing your new address in the PCC doesn’t work at the PSK and you will be asked to reschedule and either apply for a new passport or apply for PCC at the address mentioned in the passport

Cpnav

Feb 17, 2020
With new Indian PCC rules in effect since Aug 21, PCC is only issued on the address mentioned on the passport. If the current address and passport address differ, I would suggest that you get passport renewed asap. It will save you time after you get ITA.
While it says on the official website that PCC is granted in less than a day (mailed to the address that you’ve applied for PCC for) in both mine and my spouse’s case, we had a police officer who visited the house for verification. Also choosing your new address in the PCC doesn’t work at the PSK and you will be asked to reschedule and either apply for a new passport or apply for PCC at the address mentioned in the passport
Oh thanks for breaking this down Vinati. :(

In that, I will have used the older passport in the EE application and it will differ henceforth? Will that not create issues? What's the solution here.

Cpnav

Feb 17, 2020
Also, can you guide where did you find this new rule you mentioned: "Indian PCC rules in effect since Aug 21,". Is there any link?

kvinati

Sep 1, 2020
Also, can you guide where did you find this new rule you mentioned: "Indian PCC rules in effect since Aug 21,". Is there any link?
It’s not there on the official website. We faced the same issue and contacted the APO who had a printout that stated this. We weren’t allowed to click the pic.

also, the EE profile can be updated incase you get your new passport before ITA.
in our case, we had to renew it after getting ITA. However, we added both old and new passports when filling up the post ITA stage details. Just make sure you mention this in the LOE since the IELTS and ECA would also have old passport numbers. It shouldn’t be an issue.

Cpnav

Feb 17, 2020
It’s not there on the official website. We faced the same issue and contacted the APO who had a printout that stated this. We weren’t allowed to click the pic.
So between my last message and this one, I visited the PSK centre which is basically in the 2km radius from my place and confirming this.

Yes. You are correct. The official said this has come into effect, since September or so. Address in the passport should match the one in your PCC application, same applies to every other detail, like, Name, Marital status.

also, the EE profile can be updated in case you get your new passport before ITA.
in our case, we had to renew it after getting ITA. However, we added both old and new passports when filling up the post ITA stage details. Just make sure you mention this in the LOE since the IELTS and ECA would also have old passport numbers. It shouldn’t be an issue.
Thank you. Will keep the post-ITA tip in mind and am applying for re-issue right away as you (and also the psk official) suggested earlier. :)

kvinati

Sep 1, 2020
So between my last message and this one, I visited the PSK centre which is basically in the 2km radius from my place and confirming this.

Yes. You are correct. The official said this has come into effect, since September or so. Address in the passport should match the one in your PCC application, same applies to every other detail, like, Name, Marital status.

Thank you. Will keep the post-ITA tip in mind and am applying for re-issue right away as you (and also the psk official) suggested earlier. :)
Cool, all the best! :)

nikhilkbhat

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
How long did it take to get the PCC after visiting the PSK?

cp1999

Mar 13, 2019
INDIA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

Hello, Thanks for the info.

The passport seva online FAQ states that the address change, addition of spouse name is allowed for PCC Q59 second paragraph. Pasted below
https://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/faqServicesAvailable

"
Please also note that the inherited personal particulars i.e. Given Name, Parents Name, Gender, DOB, POB printed in Passport and PCC should be same. For applicants whose details in current PCC Application form are different than the Passport held then they have to apply for re-issue of the passport with changed/current particulars as provided in the PCC application form. However, change of address and addition of spouse name (due to marriage post issuance of passport) is allowed. Relevant documents are required to submitted along with the application.
"

Can you kindly confirm if it was the case with your applications and how much time it took?

UPDATE:

I called them on their helpline 1800-258-1800 and asked if all my details in passport is same and ONLY the current address is different. He confirmed that I can still apply for PCC without re-issuing(updating) my current passport. I just need to mention my current address with a new address proof such as updated adhaar.

Regards,
Chirag.

Last edited:

pyramid7799

Star Member
May 23, 2021
What can we do if we are already in Canada and address on passport does not match pcc address because the house got sold and no one to verify on passport address ?