+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help! proof of relationship

Yasmina/isabelle

Star Member
Jul 8, 2007
hi just wondering about the proof of relationship
how many personal emails we have to print and show of proof of the relationship??
I have from 2005 to curent day emails over 2000 emails to choose from im sure

and my seconde question is
I was wondering if it be good to get my parrents to write a letter of recomendation
showing proof also they are in contact of my husband and know of him
?
as they have never meet in person only by phone emails, and msn cam and mic
so far we also took pictures of us talking on msn *print screen* showing our talking and my parents on the camera of msn
thanks
isabelle

cmk2

Oct 3, 2006
Hi there,

Insofar as to the emails, it is in my opinion that there would be no need to print all your 2000 emails but would suggest to print some across various timelines to show the communication history from start to date. By this, most likely some print outs of some of your emails at the beginning of 2005, mid 2005, end 2005, early 2006, mid 2006, end 2006 and so on and so forth to date.

I would also suggest that if you really want to show all 2000 emails then probably, print screen your INBOX to show your time stamps.
Is this the only form of communication you have? If you have copies of telephone bills,etc, that would really help too. As for proof of relationship, hope you do realize that the more you can show that the relationship is bona fide (legitimate), the better it is for your file. Therefore,if you have letters, festive cards, any cards, trip pictures, etc..all of this is to be provided.

Once again, the key is to show that you have a continuing relationship, a legitimate one and that your application does not give any indication to the Immigration officer that you are in this ONLY for immigration purposes.

Good luck

arbs

Sep 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-21012
Hi new here,

I have a question about proof of relationship. My wife and I have been married for 4 years now (I'm a Canadian citizen, she is British, we both live in the UK together), do we still have to send in loads of documents, photo's, bill's, etc. to prove that our relationship is sound?

Thanks

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Send what you have such as phone bills, pics of trips, lease or mtg statement, bank accounts even though you have been married that long you still have to prove your relationship is genuine and ongoing

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
I think it would also be good to write a history/summary of your relationship and just be really honest about everything, then declare that the information you are providing is truthful and sign it.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream99 said:
I think it would also be good to write a history/summary of your relationship and just be really honest about everything, then declare that the information you are providing is truthful and sign it.
Perosnally a relationship summary is not needed its recommended when you are applying and the wall is stacked against u

I didn't write one didn't see a need

canuck0469

Nov 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 Feb, 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 11,2010
File Transfer...
26 Feb, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 22, 2010
Med's Done....
Jan 6, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 27, 2010
Actually ked you know the wall is stacked against everyone applying and the more evidence you can send is better. We both sent letters of how are relationship developed, a letters from our families showing support, letter from the individual who introduced us and a letter from our pastor. Living together for 4-5 years is excellent proof but you will still need to show that you are in fact living togther, joint bank accts, lease or mortgage docs in both names, etc. Also will need to demoinstrate you will both be living in CA if approved. As far as e-mails go cmk2 has a good suggestion, print your inbox with your mutual contact info and add a norte that you will supply samples if they wish but they won't want to review 2,000 notes
anyway good luck

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck0469 said:
Actually ked you know the wall is stacked against everyone applying and the more evidence you can send is better. We both sent letters of how are relationship developed, a letters from our families showing support, letter from the individual who introduced us and a letter from our pastor. Living together for 4-5 years is excellent proof but you will still need to show that you are in fact living togther, joint bank accts, lease or mortgage docs in both names, etc. Also will need to demoinstrate you will both be living in CA if approved. As far as e-mails go cmk2 has a good suggestion, print your inbox with your mutual contact info and add a norte that you will supply samples if they wish but they won't want to review 2,000 notes
anyway good luck
I agree with u