+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Processes after Deferral

Tayandibu

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Good day everyone.

I have a question please. What are the steps to be taken after deferring my admission to January 2022 due to delay in obtaining SP.
Do I need to advise the visa office after obtaining a new LoA? If yes, at what time?

The visa office has just asked me to submit my passport but I am yet to obtain a new LoA after requesting for a deferral. The new LoA should be out soon

Thanks.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Your visa grants you entry to Canada. When you arrive at the airport you get your study permit. You should bring with you your new LOA for Jan 20202 and you should get your study permit for the required dates.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Good day everyone.

I have a question please. What are the steps to be taken after deferring my admission to January 2022 due to delay in obtaining SP.
Do I need to advise the visa office after obtaining a new LoA? If yes, at what time?

The visa office has just asked me to submit my passport but I am yet to obtain a new LoA after requesting for a deferral. The new LoA should be out soon

Thanks.
Just send in your passport for stamping. You will need the new LOA to show to border officer on entry so your SP is issued for the correct intake/session.

Tayandibu

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Good day All,

Just for better clarity, the student visa or TRV issued to me here would likely expire before the completion of my study. I hope it wouldn't affect my stay in Canada even if my SP is still valid.

Thank you.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Good day All,

Just for better clarity, the student visa or TRV issued to me here would likely expire before the completion of my study. I hope it wouldn't affect my stay in Canada even if my SP is still valid.

Thank you.
Visa allows you to enter Canada while permit allows you to stay in Canada. So, even if your visa expires, as long as you have a valid permit, you are allowed to stay in Canada until the expiration of your permit.