+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: Pregnant after OINP & ITA

arielnana

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
72
12
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Here's my background:
CEC-Inland with spouse
Got OINP nomination with 600 points

I've got ITA recently, which means I need to go through medical exam right now. But I have been pregnant for 1 month. I don't want to take risk to do X-Ray and will request for do that after delivering the baby. My question is Does X-Ray deferring have any negative effect on my application considering the long-time waiting? I also found there's an expired date for my Ontario nominee certificate, which is in June 2017. Do I need to ask for an extension for this date?

Any kind advice or suggestions will be highly appreciated.
 

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
10,633
1,370
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!

Don't attempt to extend the nomination, it probably won't be granted. Speak with the doctor at the panel clinic to understand if you can do the medicals right away (including X-rays). If they disapprove, submit your post ITA application along with an LOE highlighting your pregnancy hence your inability to complete medicals at this point in time. Your application will go into cold storage until after childbirth when you'll be able to finish the medical requirements and application processing will continue from there.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wandering Mind

arielnana

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
72
12
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Congratulations!

Don't attempt to extend the nomination, it probably won't be granted. Speak with the doctor at the panel clinic to understand if you can do the medicals right away (including X-rays). If they disapprove, submit your post ITA application along with an LOE highlighting your pregnancy hence your inability to complete medicals at this point in time. Your application will go into cold storage until after childbirth when you'll be able to finish the medical requirements and application processing will continue from there.
Thank you so much, Asivad Anac.
So do you think if the officer will reject me if I finish the X-ray in October 2017 while my nomination expires in June 2017?
 

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
107
4
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations! We were in a similar situation, my wife was a month pregnant when we received ITA (Jan 2016). We submitted all the relevant documents along with medical except the Xray. After the baby was delivered we were given sufficient time to complete her Xray along with adding the baby to the application which included submitting the birth certificate, passport and medical for the baby. I got an email to redo the medical as it is expiring in Feb 2017. If you send an LOE they will put your application on hold and might ask you to attach a proof of pregnancy from the doctor's.
 

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
10,633
1,370
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arielnana said:
Thank you so much, Asivad Anac.
So do you think if the officer will reject me if I finish the X-ray in October 2017 while my nomination expires in June 2017?
Unlikely because you've a legitimate reason AND you did submit your application in time. You'll have to inform the same to OINP as well.
 

arielnana

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
72
12
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moonpat83 said:
Congratulations! We were in a similar situation, my wife was a month pregnant when we received ITA (Jan 2016). We submitted all the relevant documents along with medical except the Xray. After the baby was delivered we were given sufficient time to complete her Xray along with adding the baby to the application which included submitting the birth certificate, passport and medical for the baby. I got an email to redo the medical as it is expiring in Feb 2017. If you send an LOE they will put your application on hold and might ask you to attach a proof of pregnancy from the doctor's.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, moonpat83.

Did you receive any emails to confirm that your application was on hold after submitting all docs?

Wish you a speedy PR.
 

arielnana

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
72
12
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Unlikely because you've a legitimate reason AND you did submit your application in time. You'll have to inform the same to OINP as well.
Thank you. +1 for you.
 

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
107
4
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arielnana said:
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, moonpat83.

Did you receive any emails to confirm that your application was on hold after submitting all docs?

Wish you a speedy PR.
Yes after about 6 months from the date of medicals I got an email to send them a doctor's certificate with proof of pregnancy and estimated due date. Again on the estimated due date they added the baby to the application automatically (probably system generated) and asked for birth certificate, passport and proof of medical examination within 30 days. I sent a LOE explaning the baby was born the previous day and I cant arrange the documents in such short time so they gave me 60 days extension.

Have my baby's medical exam today and hopefully we are all set after that. Took us almost a year after getting an ITA in Jan 2016 after rejecting 1 in Sept 2015.
 

arielnana

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
72
12
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moonpat83 said:
Yes after about 6 months from the date of medicals I got an email to send them a doctor's certificate with proof of pregnancy and estimated due date. Again on the estimated due date they added the baby to the application automatically (probably system generated) and asked for birth certificate, passport and proof of medical examination within 30 days. I sent a LOE explaning the baby was born the previous day and I cant arrange the documents in such short time so they gave me 60 days extension.

Have my baby's medical exam today and hopefully we are all set after that. Took us almost a year after getting an ITA in Jan 2016 after rejecting 1 in Sept 2015.
Congratulations on being a new dad!
The road to hapiness is strewn with setbacks but it's not far away for you now.
Thank you. +1 for you.
 

dxb2020

Full Member
Aug 28, 2015
22
0
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1212
App. Filed.......
06-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Hi All

Guyz my case is also similar. We are expecting a child and the delivery is due Mid of October Inshallah. We had applied under OINP and after being nominated received ITA on 4th May 2017. Complete application was submitted except for my wifes X-ray for which we got an e-medical deferrel letter from the physician and the same was submitted alongwith the application.

Now, can anyone please share their experience on
1. How the case will proceed and is there any need to inform OINP about the medical being deferred or after OINP nomination all the correspondence is done with IRCC only?
2. OINP nomination expires in October, although i have submitted my application, does that have any impact ?
3. Wife X-ray needs to be done immediately after delivery or have to submit with the childs medical?
4. Will i receive any email from IRCC for additional documents for the baby ?

Thanks in advance