+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! PR application rejected and BOWP still under processing!

Jun 9, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have been in Canada for 3 years and received my ITA in January 2017.
I submitted all my documents through an immigration lawyer in March. Since my passport was about to expire, i decided to renew my passport and then apply for my BOWP. My work permit was to expire on May 8th and i applied for my BOWP on April 28th after renewing my passport.
I received a response from the CIC officer on June 6th that my PR application had been rejected due to the reasons below:

"
With respect to your reported work experience for Company X, the supporting documents provided by you do not list the actions and duties you performed during this period of work. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you have performed actions and duties consistent with the stated NOC (0621).

With respect to your reported work experience as a Public Relations Manager for Company Y, the limited duties described in the reference letter provided by you dated 27FEB2017 appear more in line with those of NOC 6521 – Travel Consultant, which is not a NOC 0, A or B level occupation.

Consequently, I am not satisfied that you have completed at least one year of full time (or equivalent part time) work in a NOC 0, A or B level position in Canada within the three years before you submitted your application for permanent residence.
"

I want to reapply my application as my employer is ready to add the points which i performed that are missing from the letters that should qualify me as skilled for Company Y above . Seeing the previous cut offs i should qualify for the ITA in the next round as well. I am just not sure how long i have to stay in canada and re apply seeing that my work permit expired on May 8th and if i get the rejection on the work permit as well.
Can i still stay for 90 days to work things out (Aug 8th)? Also is there a better solution anyone has in mind?

Thanks

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Oooohhh, sorry to hear that. What was wrong with your employer letter? You are on implied status right now, until you get the answer about your BOWP. After the answer you stil can apply for visitor status, which allows you to stay but not to work. Meanwhile you are able to do an other ITA. Good luck.

Jun 9, 2017
Thanks for the response sandra. According to the officer the responsibilities in my employer letter were not enough to qualify me as a skilled worker. I read the skilled worker guidelines and there were responsibilities that i performed and the employer didn't add assuring me the ones added were good enough. Now the employer has agreed to add the points for my next application.

Just to clarify. Lets say i receive the answer on the BOWP this week. Can i still make an effort to restore my status again till Aug 8th which would mark the 90 days from my work permit expiration?

kk1988

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noc code not match is one of the common rejection reason I guess.
the lawyer should review everything. noc code not match they should responsible for it.

Jan 5, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have been in Canada for 3 years and received my ITA in January 2017.
I submitted all my documents through an immigration lawyer in March. Since my passport was about to expire, i decided to renew my passport and then apply for my BOWP. My work permit was to expire on May 8th and i applied for my BOWP on April 28th after renewing my passport.
I received a response from the CIC officer on June 6th that my PR application had been rejected due to the reasons below:

"
With respect to your reported work experience for Company X, the supporting documents provided by you do not list the actions and duties you performed during this period of work. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you have performed actions and duties consistent with the stated NOC (0621).

With respect to your reported work experience as a Public Relations Manager for Company Y, the limited duties described in the reference letter provided by you dated 27FEB2017 appear more in line with those of NOC 6521 – Travel Consultant, which is not a NOC 0, A or B level occupation.

Consequently, I am not satisfied that you have completed at least one year of full time (or equivalent part time) work in a NOC 0, A or B level position in Canada within the three years before you submitted your application for permanent residence.
"

I want to reapply my application as my employer is ready to add the points which i performed that are missing from the letters that should qualify me as skilled for Company Y above . Seeing the previous cut offs i should qualify for the ITA in the next round as well. I am just not sure how long i have to stay in canada and re apply seeing that my work permit expired on May 8th and if i get the rejection on the work permit as well.
Can i still stay for 90 days to work things out (Aug 8th)? Also is there a better solution anyone has in mind?

Thanks
Hi I got rejected yesterday based upon my NOC which is not matching. Did you get your BOWP after your PR got rejected. I am waiting for my BOWP. Please help me what to do next?