+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP plz! Apply "in person" to Buffalo

Cutie89

Dec 31, 2010
Hey
I would like to get a new student visa from the Canadian Embassey in Buffalo. I'm in Canada right now and my current student visa will expired in 2 months.
I would like to get a new visa so I can re-entre Canada and travel to my home country and return whenever I want.

I'm not sure If I can go by myself to Buffalo office with all the required documents (I'm Saudi, Already got a valid US Visa to entre US).,,, or it's better for me to send application via Post Canada??

I have heard that if I went myself, I will got the visa within the SAME DAY Applied! But Not SURE..

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I"M WRONG..

jackandjill

Jan 18, 2011
I got my pp stamped on the same day when I showed my workpermit and appl forms.

You can also send by post but it will take at least a couple of weeks. But do you realize that you have to send your pp via courier?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Note this from Buffalo's web site

"IMPORTANT NOTICE: We are installing a new computer system. As a result, applications submitted in March 2011 may take longer than usual to process. Our average processing times have been adjusted accordingly. If you wish to apply for a visitor visa, work permit or study permit, we encourage you to submit your application by mail. We cannot provide same-day service to walk-in clients at this time. Thank you for your understanding. "

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/studying-etudier.aspx?lang=eng

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
I have to apply for a post graduate work permit from buffalo. I have completed my masters from toronto in one and half year. Do you have any idea for how long would buffalo office give me post grad work permit. I heard if you apply to buffalo they usually give a 3 year PGW permit. and also i have to renew my TRV as it expires in about 3 months. Do they still provide same day service ?? If not do you know how long do they take. Is it better for me to get a US visa and apply from buffalo office in person. or if i dont get the US visa is it better to mail them my passport and apply it from buffalo as i have heard that you get a 3 year Post grad work permit even if your length of program is about a year or so ..

Any comments on this matter would be appreciated
Thanks.