+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help please!

mikeandem

Jan 8, 2010
hi i am just about to send off our application for common law inland for permenant resident and need to know if we need to send any print outs regarding option c or income slips from revenue canada. my partner who is canadian has only been working whilst we have been back in canada for four weeks and has not worked over here before. so i dont think she would have a tax assesment. does anyone else have a similar story. thanks mike

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I didn't file my tax return the year before my husband and I applied because I had no job and no income. So I did not send in the Option C. However, you should send in a letter explaining why you don't have it and explaining your job situation. Send in proof of the current job (a letter of employment from the boss, for eg.) and a photocopy of any payslips you do have. Photocopies of pay slips and proof of employment and tax paid in other countries over the last year would be good to send too.

There was no problem with our application due to the lack of the Option C. As long as you explain it, it will be OK.