+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please!

degvire

Dec 30, 2013
I'm an Italian citizen with an Italian passport, I'm currently living in Honduras (Central America) I applied for a student permit Dec. 22 (I got my admissions letter really late) online and I have a few concerns.
I start classes in Centennial College next tuesday (January 7) the last day I have to be at college is January 14. But my flight ticket is for this saturday.
1) When do you think I'll get my student permit if I don't need a TRV? I uploaded with my application my medical exams and in CIC's webpage it says that I ''passed'' my medicals, does that mean they are already reviewing my application? I sent my bank statements showing I have more than 90,000 CAD to cover my stay in Canada, everything has a certified translation, I have never been denied entry or a visa for any country and I've traveled a lot in my life, I've been a resident of Haiti, Guatemala, Honduras, Venezuela and Argentina, since my father is constantly getting transferred. I sent everything they required me to send but I'm worried that I won't get my Letter of Entry soon.
2) Where is my application being reviewed? I uploaded everything online, since I'm Italian I thought they might be reviewing it there and it's 2 weeks to get a student permit, but since I'm currently residing in Honduras, there's also the possibility that my application is being reviewed in Guatemala (5 weeks) or is it being reviewed in Canada? Do you think I have a chance of getting my visa before saturday?

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long is a piece of string?

I waited 3 weeks, should have been 9. I thought it was going through London, UK. It went through Vegreville, Canada. There was a pafso strike going on at the same time. It isn't now. But it is the holidays.

Even if you fly out on saturday you won't be able to activate the permit if you don't have the approval letter. You won't be able to start studying without the study permit either. You're pretty much at the mercy of whichever office is handling your application and can only sit tight and wait.

degvire

Dec 30, 2013
itstime said:
How long is a piece of string?

I waited 3 weeks, should have been 9. I thought it was going through London, UK. It went through Vegreville, Canada. There was a pafso strike going on at the same time. It isn't now. But it is the holidays.

Even if you fly out on saturday you won't be able to activate the permit if you don't have the approval letter. You won't be able to start studying without the study permit either. You're pretty much at the mercy of whichever office is handling your application and can only sit tight and wait.
Yeah, I know, I'm planning to change my flight ticket and wait to see what happens this week and next, if not I'll ask to start in summer :/ Thank you!