+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please.... what proof can I submit to prove my spouse stay with me?

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi

I recently got married and informed CIC about the same. Just now I got a mail where they asked for many documents. I have 2 questions:
1. They asked to submit all docs in 7 days. Things might take time in India like PCC may take time, more than 7 days. What can I do? Please advise.
2. They asked for submitting a proof that my spouse stays with me such as bills, lease, bank statement etc.? Now the problem is that we recently shifted to a new place after marriage and lease is on my name only as I signed a lease deed with landlord just a week before my marriage. We don't have any proof which mentions both of ours names, but the fact is that we have been staying together after marriage.
Is there any alternative? I am not sure if we go to bank tomorrow and they open a Joint account in our name. What if they don't.
Can any one please guide on the above two matters? Please.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
It doesn't mean joint bank account or joint lease. You just need to get something under your wife name that uses your address. When she moves in with you, she must change her bank address, phone address and other addresses to your house address. You just need to get these documents.

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
karenv said:
It doesn't mean joint bank account or joint lease. You just need to get something under your wife name that uses your address. When she moves in with you, she must change her bank address, phone address and other addresses to your house address. You just need to get these documents.
Ah that helps.
How about the timeline for PCC? they have given tme of only 7 days, and I am really doubtful that any country can issue PCC in 7 days.
Could anyone please please guide?

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
What is the standard time to get PCC in India? If other people can get it in 7 days, you should be able to do the same thing. If not, you can give them other documents and an explanation letter asking for extra time.

They should give you reasonable time to submit your documents.

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ishpah said:
Ah that helps.
How about the timeline for PCC? they have given tme of only 7 days, and I am really doubtful that any country can issue PCC in 7 days.
Could anyone please please guide?
I applied for Indian PCC on the 24th of Sept and I got my PCC verified on the 30th of Sep.

You can always call to the "Consulate of India, Toronto" to know the status of your passport and if there is an emergency then you will be allowed to pick it up directly from the consulate. So that saves the courier time.

I had to appear for an exam for which I needed my passport before Oct 1st. The team at CGI were kind enough to let me pick it up from their office at Sherbourne St.

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
karenv said:
What is the standard time to get PCC in India? If other people can get it in 7 days, you should be able to do the same thing. If not, you can give them other documents and an explanation letter asking for extra time.

They should give you reasonable time to submit your documents.
It may take time which varies from police station to police station. However, I will try to get otherwise request them to extend the timeline.

Also, it was written on the letter received that "Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account"
But I am not sure where to upload. I can't see any option in my account to upload. Am I missing something? Can you please help?

ishpah

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
ishpah said:
It may take time which varies from police station to police station. However, I will try to get otherwise request them to extend the timeline.

Also, it was written on the letter received that "Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account"
But I am not sure where to upload. I can't see any option in my account to upload. Am I missing something? Can you please help?
Somebody please guide. I am unable to locate the upload option in my CIC, whereas in the mail received from CIC, they mentioned to upload documents in MyCIC account only. ???

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
ishpah said:
Somebody please guide. I am unable to locate the upload option in my CIC, whereas in the mail received from CIC, they mentioned to upload documents in MyCIC account only. ???
Click on 'View Submitted Documents' under your Permanent Residency application on your MyCIC