+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please ! Visitor visa rejected

Shreye18

Mar 20, 2020
Hi all,
I have applied for multiple entry visa from India.
Timeline-
06 march- application filed
13 march- biometrics done
17 march- refused because of "purpose of visit" and "personal assets"

I have attached documents like property evaluation report worth of 3 crore, my business turnover worth 1.5 crore, current account balance certifacte Rs 515000 with 6 months statement and saving account balance certificate of Rs 275000 with statement.
*I do not have any property on my name and above mentioned property is on my father's name. Is this the reason my visa is rejected ?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hi all,
I have applied for multiple entry visa from India.
Timeline-
06 march- application filed
13 march- biometrics done
17 march- refused because of "purpose of visit" and "personal assets"

I have attached documents like property evaluation report worth of 3 crore, my business turnover worth 1.5 crore, current account balance certifacte Rs 515000 with 6 months statement and saving account balance certificate of Rs 275000 with statement.
*I do not have any property on my name and above mentioned property is on my father's name. Is this the reason my visa is rejected ?
What was your purpose?
If you were refused because of personal assets then it means you did not meet the standard of the visa officer.

Shreye18

Mar 20, 2020
My purpose was to visit a friend who is doing masters there.
Is attaching an itinerary would solve purpose of visit ?
What should i do to meet standard of visa officer ? Getting a property in my name is a good idea ?

Last edited:

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
My purpose was to visit a friend who is doing masters there.
Best if you indicate 2-3 weeks max stay. Indicating a month or so is not advised.
Is attaching an itinerary would solve purpose of visit ?
Did you not attach one? Is is a requirement to attach a flight itinerary and a day to day itinerary as part of the purpose of visit.
Flight itinerary can be from Expedia (or similar sites) or simply a screen shot from an airline of your choice with the schedule of the trip (from/to).
As for the day to day itinerary, you just need to indicate the activities and/or places you need to visit.
Example:
Day 1 Arrival at Canada
Day 2 - 4 Sleep/ Overcome jet lag
Day 5 -7 Visit Niagara Falls
Day 8 Rest
Day 9 Visit Downtown Toronto
What should i do to meet standard of visa officer ? Getting a property in my name is a good idea ?
The ties should be strong. Ties refers to a job, family, assets and properties or simply reasons for you to go back to your home country.

Reactions: Shreye18

Shreye18

Mar 20, 2020
Best if you indicate 2-3 weeks max stay. Indicating a month or so is not advised.

Did you not attach one? Is is a requirement to attach a flight itinerary and a day to day itinerary as part of the purpose of visit.
Flight itinerary can be from Expedia (or similar sites) or simply a screen shot from an airline of your choice with the schedule of the trip (from/to).
As for the day to day itinerary, you just need to indicate the activities and/or places you need to visit.
Example:
Day 1 Arrival at Canada
Day 2 - 4 Sleep/ Overcome jet lag
Day 5 -7 Visit Niagara Falls
Day 8 Rest
Day 9 Visit Downtown Toronto

The ties should be strong. Ties refers to a job, family, assets and properties or simply reasons for you to go back to your home country.
Thank you for your response. I will re-apply in a month or two with additional documents.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There will likely be concern that you are visiting a partner and plan on getting married. Assume you are visiting a bf or gf.

Shreye18

Mar 20, 2020
Yes dear i know. The main problem was the cover letter. Today i got my hands on cover letter and was shocked to see that. My agent has written that I am visiting a friend and then in next para WE are visiting our family friend and in third para WE and our SON is visiting family friend and last para was really hilarious . In last para WE and our son is going to canada and we are leaving another child in custody of grandparents and visiting to our third son there.

Reactions: jalucanada

Shreye18

Mar 20, 2020
Sorry had only read your posts on this thread. Most of the people visiting young people tend to be partners or family.
Hi dear,
I want to consult about new cover letter. In previous application the purpose mentioned was to visit a friend and his rent agreement copy was also attached. Now i am thinking of writing proper itinerary and mention my day to day plans with cost in CAD. Will it look contradictory if i do not mention visit to my friend in new cover letter itinerary ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi dear,
I want to consult about new cover letter. In previous application the purpose mentioned was to visit a friend and his rent agreement copy was also attached. Now i am thinking of writing proper itinerary and mention my day to day plans with cost in CAD. Will it look contradictory if i do not mention visit to my friend in new cover letter itinerary ?
I personally wouldn't apply again until the COVID situation is over and the travel ban is lifted.