+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!! PLEASE!! Urgent!!

frange

May 25, 2018
I am spiraling and I keep thinking I've misrepresented myself. I'm looking up lawyers but I keep feeling it'll be too late by the time I'll talk to a lawyer about this. I've always been on top of my deadlines and I keep kicking myself for letting this happe
One thing you have to know is : To restore your status, you have to be out of status, as I understand, you were still under a legal status until 12:00 am and the application was received before midnight that day . Since you applied the last day, with all the stress it brought, you could probably make mistakes and consequently lead to a rejection; then restoration takes place since a rejection means you automatically out of status. For me it is too early to cancel the application. This is not a misrepresentation if you apply for a restoration. Finally, they encourage people to apply 30 days, just to allow enough time for processing and receive a response; but this do not put you out of status until midnight the last day of your stay. Theoretically, for now, you are under implied status if you receive a confirmation from the system after applying. Just keep safe the confirmation you got.

Reactions: annie11

annie11

May 16, 2019
One thing you have to know is : To restore your status, you have to be out of status, as I understand, you were still under a legal status until 12:00 am and the application was received before midnight that day . Since you applied the last day, with all the stress it brought, you could probably make mistakes and consequently lead to a rejection; then restoration takes place since a rejection means you automatically out of status. For me it is too early to cancel the application. This is not a misrepresentation if you apply for a restoration. Finally, they encourage people to apply 30 days, just to allow enough time for processing and receive a response; but this do not put you out of status until midnight the last day of your stay. Theoretically, for now, you are under implied status if you receive a confirmation from the system after applying. Just keep safe the confirmation you got.
Thank you. This puts my mind at ease a bit. The online "Come to Canada" tool that I used where you answer the questions to get a checklist did say that it was the last day for me to apply for the extension. That if I didn't do that, I'll be out of status the next day and I'll need to apply for restoration. I don't know why I keep thinking I was out of status. I even did the checklist again multiple times after submitting the application and it kept telling me I had that one last day to apply for extension. So I guess it's fine and now I can mail in my sponsorship application.