+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLEASE :Two or more certificates

Chocoboy

Jun 12, 2019
Hi there,
Indian , 25, with 3 years Software experience.With a 4 year Bachelor (BTech-ECE)degree from India , have enrolled for PG Diploma(ongoing- 1 year) via Distant mode.(Enrolled primarily to get Two/more certificates or diplomas). Recently, checked on the WES site and it showed PG Diploma as " 1 year Graduate study", which means my highest qualification would be a Bachelors.
Based on these, I have 2 options:
A.)With IELTS 8+ band , another 6 month certificate course, or a distant learning Masters in India(would take 2 years) , along with an average French skill(aiming for atleast band 3-5 in TEF for 4 CRS points). Briefly CRS would be for two./more certificates - around 474-478(possibly in 2021) and for Masters- around 481-485(in 2022)
B.) 1 year Masters from University of Calgary(software engineering) followed by 1 year job. Although I know this gives high score, I am much worried about the employment after Masters degree in Canada, since Calgary is primarily a hotspot(as I heard) for Petrochemical industries, and I would have 1 year PGWP.

Any advise in these lines as which option would be feasible and realistic, is much appreciated.

S.Nguyen

May 31, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am confused if I have a 4-year Bachelor in Canada, then I took 1 one program from 27 May 2019 to 16 Aug 2019 (also in Canada). So will my second credential be counted? Can I claim "2 or more certificate" in EE?

Any information would be appreciated

potadodono

May 19, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm kinda confused in this topic. I have a bachelor's degree and a coulple of diplomas (all less than a year). For example, I'm a Bachelor in Environmental engineering and also a certificate on Health and Safety Management Systems. Could I use that 4 month certificate to qualify for the "two or more certificates"? Or the second diploma/certificate needs to be at least a year minimum? When we say a year, is it full time?

Thank you for your time

VigneshK

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
The certification course has to be at least for a duration of a year (8 months) and from a recognized university to be considered for 2 or more certificates.

nhl26

Jul 8, 2021
Delhi
Category........
FSW
All who are confused about "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees..." points, the following information may help you to understand-

Many people's understanding of "two or more degree" points is not clear enough. People often get confused by the list provided under 1st section and ignore the other three sections below. People think only a minimum 3 years long bachelor's or diploma Plus a post graduate study can be counted but in real we can count any post secondary diploma or certificates (minimum 1 year) and a minimum 3 years degree or diploma to get points for "two or more...".

IRCC have changed the IT systems, now we cannot select "two or more degrees" anymore rather we have to insert all our degree or diplomas separately and the system will count the points automatically. If you do ECA on your educational credentials and get assessed as following any one of them then you will get points for "two or more.."

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice:
One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:
A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS
any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
Or
Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:
  • College Diploma
  • College Diploma (two years)
  • Diploma (two years)
  • Two-year diploma
  • Two-year diploma in [name of discipline]
  • Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
  • Associate Degree
  • Associate of [Arts/Science] degree
  • Post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Two-year associate degree

Or
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:
  • College Certificate
  • Completion of College-level certificate
  • University Certificate
  • University Diploma
  • One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year certificate

You will not get points for "two or more" if your ECA on diploma or certificates come as follows-

Secondary school (high school diploma)

ECA assessment results:
  • Secondary School Graduation
  • Secondary School Diploma
  • High School Equivalency Certificate
  • Certificate of High School Achievement
  • Certificate of High School Achievement [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
  • High School Diploma
  • High School Diploma [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
  • Grade 12 (high school completion)

An applicant will get points for "two or more..." if he/she has a minimum 3 years bachelors degree Plus any diploma-certificates under

1st section [which is post graduate] OR

2nd section [which is three years long degree, certificates or diplomas], OR

3rd section [which is two years long degree, certificates or diplomas] OR

4th section [which is one year long degree, certificates or diplomas].

Applicants will not be awarded points for "two or more.." if their diploma-certificate was evaluated as any one of them listed below-

Secondary school (high school diploma)
ECA assessment results:
  • Secondary School Graduation
  • Secondary School Diploma
  • High School Equivalency Certificate
  • Certificate of High School Achievement
  • Certificate of High School Achievement [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
  • High School Diploma
  • High School Diploma [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
  • Grade 12 (high school completion)
Best way to know the outcome is to insert your credentials in EE profile according to the ECA report. You will see yourself the points awarded.

Hope it helps, Good Luck!
My ECA evaluation says "Dual Bachelor's Degree (four years)" and the credential is Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Law. Should I put it as a Bachelor Degree + One year program?

I am very confused. I need to claim marks for this dual degree but currently EE is not calculating it.

Sep 7, 2020
#PostITA

While filling the PR form in IRCC portal is there an option to select 'Two or more degrees' in education section? (Have an ECA of one year diploma + 4yrs bachelor's degree)

The reason I am asking this is because in EE profile this option was there and thus I claimed 119 points for 'Two or more degrees'. Master degree was given one year diploma by WES.

But now while filling the PR form, when I am filling the exact same information as EE profile (mentioned below) the 'scores preview' section is allotting me 126 points for the master's degree even if it is mentioned in the tab below that WES ECA has given one year diploma as equivalence.

Level of education : Master's Degree
Canadian equivalency : One year diploma

Why isn't the PR application portal capturing it correctly that the WES equivalency of my master's degree is one year and thus only 119 points are to be alloted? Due to this the total CRS in EE profile and PR application profile is showing a difference.

Has anyone faced this? Is it a glitch in the portal?
It would be great if anyone could please help out.

Thanks!

nhl26

Jul 8, 2021
Delhi
Category........
FSW
I faced the same issue. I wrote to IRCC (email and twitter) and they said that they've changed the process under PR application. My husband's evaluation by WES was Dual Bachelor's (four years) for B.A. LLB and we added B.A. and LLB as two separate degrees as per IRCC's reply. I'd recommend you to email them & ask of do what we did to get the desired score. Hope this helps!

Sep 7, 2020
I faced the same issue. I wrote to IRCC (email and twitter) and they said that they've changed the process under PR application. My husband's evaluation by WES was Dual Bachelor's (four years) for B.A. LLB and we added B.A. and LLB as two separate degrees as per IRCC's reply. I'd recommend you to email them & ask of do what we did to get the desired score. Hope this helps!
Thanks for your reply. Can you please provide me the email id and Twitter handle where you wrote?

Also when you added degrees as per IRCC reply your points reflected as 119 (points for two or more degrees) and matched as per express entry?

My husband has mentioned below two degrees
Degree 1: Level of Education : Masters (2yrs)
WES equivalency : one year diploma

Degree 2: Level of education : Bachelor's (4yrs)
WES equivalency : 4yrs Bachelor's

So under EE we got 119 points (two or more degrees) but under PR application they are awarding 126 points for masters I think