+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLEASE: Restoring status to visitor after PGWP refusal to hopefully await common-law partner's PR application

Kmilly

Aug 21, 2021
Hey Friends, i really! really need your help as I've exhausted countless time and money into the unfruitful advice of immigration lawyers. Im trying everything I've been advised and i would appreciate any guidance.

My story:
-I applied for my PGWP June 2020 and got a rejection in November 11th 2020 (On the exact last day of the 180 day rule)
IRCC said this was due to the fact that I hadn’t maintained full student status in 2 major semesters which was a requirement. (I had failed to attach my explanation initially)

-I reapplied on November 17th 2020 after what as a long weekend, with the support of a lawyer and a letter from the school explaining my exceptional situation. I again got a rejection in January 2021.

-I appealed this decision also in January of 2021 and the immigration officer was found to have made mistakes in the assessment and the decision was made by the DOJ's office to reassess the application again with another officer in February 2021.

-With the re-assessment open, my lawyer advised that i apply for a TRP to overcome my inadmissibility as well as PGWP. I again have gotten another rejection that simply states:
"This letter refers to your application for a Temporary Resident Permit, and Work Permit.
Under the authority delegated to me by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration in accordance with the provisions of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, I hereby notify you that the written permit you requested, pursuant to subsection 24(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act will not be granted.Since your Application for Temporary Resident Permit has been refused, you are no longer eligible for a work permit or study permit.Consequently, you MUST leave Canada immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against you."

Currently:
-Due to the new COVID-19 public policy Restoration [PP.A], i am eligible to restore my status as a visitor, despite it being over 90 days (applying to restore my status as a student plus PGWP doesn't seem promising anymore)
-I am hoping to be approved for a 6 month visitor visa and wait legally while my common Law partner applies for his PR in September. We have calculated our scores and gotten everything we can including new IELTS, have signed a common law declaration, and will include it in both my restoration application and his PR application.

Questions:
When applying for restoration, what will i use as my current status?- student? (As none of the options qualify; worker, healthcare giver,TRP holder, refugee )

Do I need valid status to remain in Canada while he applies for his PR?

and Do you think our chances are strong?

Any advice or help is much appreciated. THANK YOU SO MUCH

niravtech007@

Jul 31, 2019
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2021
AOR Received.
08-05-2021
Med's Done....
27-05-2021
These posts are from August
Thanks for bringing up. Surprisingly I was editing my post saying if they still need to have some queries answered, due to it being older post, may be people from forum can help out. Time flies fast

Kmilly

Aug 21, 2021
Thanks for bringing up. Surprisingly I was editing my post saying if they still need to have some queries answered, due to it being older post, may be people from forum can help out. Time flies fast
Hey, Im actually still awaiting a decision and would love any advice you can offer :)