+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Please PR Travel

TarN099

Oct 27, 2017
Hi,
My wife recently got her Canadian permanent residency through sponsorship (thanks to everyone on this site ;) ). We want to travel to Europe in the summer, but her Syrian passport will expire in March. Unfortunately, it is not possible to renew her passport since the Syrian embassy in Ottawa is closed. Is there anyway to get a travel document to go outside Canada?

Thank you!

Pari17

Nov 28, 2018
There is no document required to go outsode Canada.. U can go withouw an issue and apply travel document which ll allow u to enter Canada. Once u ll be back in Canada u can renew ur passport.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
My wife recently got her Canadian permanent residency through sponsorship (thanks to everyone on this site ;) ). We want to travel to Europe in the summer, but her Syrian passport will expire in March. Unfortunately, it is not possible to renew her passport since the Syrian embassy in Ottawa is closed. Is there anyway to get a travel document to go outside Canada?

Thank you!
Hi

She can apply for a Certificate of Identity. You will need to verify which countries accept this travel document, as there may be restrictions and she will likely still require visas because of her nationality.

Reactions: TarN099

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
There is no document required to go outsode Canada.. U can go withouw an issue and apply travel document which ll allow u to enter Canada. Once u ll be back in Canada u can renew ur passport.
She can't travel anywhere without a passport or valid travel document.

Reactions: TarN099

TarN099

Oct 27, 2017
Hi,
Thanks for your responses. I looked at certificate of identity as well, but unfortunately it's not accepted in Germany :/

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
Thanks for your responses. I looked at certificate of identity as well, but unfortunately it's not accepted in Germany :/

Thank you
That sucks. Looks like you guys will have to modify travel plans until she can get Canadian citizenship.