+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please! PMM and other seniors: sin number update after pr card

success123

Nov 16, 2014
Hi

I just went to update my sin number at service canada after I got my pr card. I went in and wait for a service canada officer to call me. After, we both sat on a booth and he began to ask questions, such as, mother and father's first and last names. I asked why, he says it's for security reasons.

Then, he asked one more question regarding sisters/brothers/children. I can't remember the exact question he asked, so I answered " I am the single child." ( that means my parents only have one child, which is me). Now, My concern is ( I think I am paranoid), I am not sure if he listened to me correctly. I am worried he listened it as " I have the single child.( I DO NOT HAVE A CHILD.) Should I go back to service canada and clarify on this matter? Because when you go and update your sin, there is no paper application involved. So I am not sure if the officer has recorded all the correct information about me. I do not want this matter affect my pr. ( I already landed and got my pr card.)

rajapr17

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Re: Help please! PMM and other seniors: sin number updater after pr card

success123 said:
Hi

I just went to update my sin number at service canada after I got my pr card. I went in and wait for a service canada officer to call me. After, we both sat on a booth and he began to ask questions, such as, mother and father's first and last names. I asked why, he says it's for security reasons.

Then, he asked one more question regarding sisters/brothers/children. I can't remember the exact question he asked, so I answered " I am the single child." ( that means my parents only have one child, which is me). Now, My concern is ( I think I am paranoid), I am not sure if he listened to me correctly. I am worried he listened it as " I have the single child.( I DO NOT HAVE A CHILD.) Should I go back to service canada and clarify on this matter? Because when you go and update your sin, there is no paper application involved. So I am not sure if the officer has recorded all the correct information about me. I do not want this matter affect my pr.
I suggest, you go in person and get it clarified.

success123

Nov 16, 2014
Re: Help please! PMM and other seniors: sin number updater after pr card

rajapr17 said:
I suggest, you go in person and get it clarified.
won't they think I am too weird? like why didn't I ask again on the same day? How do I clarify when I go visit service canada? like, " Hi, I need clarification on my sin number update to make sure the officer did not make a mistake?"
This whole pr thing already is very stressful, sometimes I think why it still bothers me after I got it? let's say if the service canada officer made a mistake, which I do not know yet. That's not my mistake. why do I need to go in person to make sure they did not make a mistake. This is stressful and frustrating.