+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help, Please! PCC issued two days before left the country

Caesarpy

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
My Police Clearance Certificate from my origin country was issued on Nov 24, 2015. Two days later (Nov 26, 2015), I came back to Canada and never left Canada since then.

I know the requirement is that the PCC must be issued after "last time the applicant lived in that country". I thought the two days gap should be OK. But I read a topic saying this could be a reason of rejection in this forum today. Should I obtain a new PCC from my home country?

Did anyone get PR in such situation? Or did anyone get rejected for this issue? Please share your experience. Thank you very much!

If any expert knows the answer for this issue, please share your opinion. Thank you very much!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Obtain a new PCC.

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Caesarpy said:
My Police Clearance Certificate from my origin country was issued on Nov 24, 2015. Two days later (Nov 26, 2015), I came back to Canada and never left Canada since then.

I know the requirement is that the PCC must be issued after "last time the applicant lived in that country". I thought the two days gap should be OK. But I read a topic saying this could be a reason of rejection in this forum today. Should I obtain a new PCC from my home country?

Did anyone get PR in such situation? Or did anyone get rejected for this issue? Please share your experience. Thank you very much!

If any expert knows the answer for this issue, please share your opinion. Thank you very much!
Here is what CIC says about a police certificate:

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

a) are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
b) have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

Based on the above, you need to get a new PCC since you left your home country more than 6 months ago.

I was in the same situation when I received ITA last November. I delayed my eAPR just to get a new PCC. my old PCC was issued a few days before the last time I left my home country and that was 2 years ago.
Therefore, I recommend you to get a new PCC to avoid a later [and a highly likely] rejection of your PR application in future.

Source:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Blessing1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland.....CIO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
5 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
15 Jan, 2016.
Caesarpy said:

My husbands police certificate was issued days before he left for Canada. We used it in our application and no new police clearance was requested. We already live here and landed at a land border last month. I believe you will be fine

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Is it worth taking the risk??? The instructions are black and white. If you want to take the risk, it's your choice....you can be lucky but IMO it's not wise to take this risk in today's market where ppl wait years for an ITA

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Blessing1 said:
My husbands police certificate was issued days before he left for Canada. We used it in our application and no new police clearance was requested. We already live here and landed at a land border last month. I believe you will be fine
It is valid for 6 months so you must have applied within that time span. Here the PCC is as old as 2015 and advisable to get a new one

Caesarpy

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
Thanks very much for everyone's help!

I think I would better to get a new PCC. I definitely don't want to take this risk.

Thank you everyone!

Caesarpy

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
Blessing1 said:
When was your husband's PCC issued? And when did you submit the application?

Thank you very much!

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Now am confused,i am residing outside my home country and planning to get pcc these days,then will go to my home country issue pcc stay for a couple of days and leave,is that ok?