+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please , not to mention a family member IMM5406

David2021

Jun 15, 2021
Hi, how are you ?help me please I have a little question I just found out yesterday that my mother's husband has 2 daughters from another woman and I didn’t mentioned them in my application for permanent residence because I didn't know, that he has 2 girls even my mom she didn’t khnow about that and I don't know if it counts as half-sisters or not,beacise ther are the kid of my mom but if it count what exactly do I have to do to correct this error that ! I don't want to have a false information or misrepresentation ! I already have my permanent residence it's been 2 years now and all my family didn’t khow about him girls and they don’t live in the same country as my mom and her husband Thank you !!

yvanivanw

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Don't panic. If the persons you didn't mention won't apply to come to Canada for the rest of their life, you will definitely be fine.

David2021

Jun 15, 2021
thank you for the reply , so basically my status in Canada depend about a person if they apply or not ? What happen if they apply , ? And can i change this information in my file immigration because i didn’t know about them before i don’t wanna be in misrepresentation , what should i do ! And if there’s nothing that i can do it what can happen if they apply or immigration khnow about them , i don’t wanna lie specialy now that i herad about them please !!!

yvanivanw

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
This misrepresentation is far from "material", judging from your description. So you may just forget about it.

At the end of the day, failure to disclose a family member usually results in that family member being inadmissible to be "sponsored" by a Canadian citizen or PR in the future.

yvanivanw

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Unless, say, when you sponsor your mother and her husband in the future, you may want to make a full disclosure in his file, I don't see any point for you to tell IRCC about this missing information now.

David2021

Jun 15, 2021
Ok thank for mom i’dont think so that i will sponsor her , but if my step sister want to come to canada as student and she mentioned my name on her application , i can be in trouble for that ? Thank you so much

hhhh2022

Jan 6, 2022
Hi, how are you ?help me please I have a little question I just found out yesterday that my mother's husband has 2 daughters from another woman and I didn’t mentioned them in my application for permanent residence because I didn't know, that he has 2 girls even my mom she didn’t khnow about that and I don't know if it counts as half-sisters or not,beacise ther are the kid of my mom but if it count what exactly do I have to do to correct this error that ! I don't want to have a false information or misrepresentation ! I already have my permanent residence it's been 2 years now and all my family didn’t khow about him girls and they don’t live in the same country as my mom and her husband Thank you !!
hi, I just wonder what happened and did you inform IRCC about this? I'm facing the same problem now

hhhh2022

Jan 6, 2022
I'm in the almost same situation that I only knew that I had a half sister recently from my estranged father, I'm not sure what to do now, should I send a webform to inform CIC about this? @legalfalcon would like to know your suggestions on this, thank you!