+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Please!!! Landing gone wrong

Jibby010

Jun 21, 2019
We messed up our landing and need serious help.

During the EE application, my wife, the accompanying applicant clearly listed in the family section that she had a 10-year old daughter but the daughter had been handed over to the (wife's) father since birth. Both my wife and I got married last year and have no obligation to the kid and do not claim her as a dependant. With this information, our application got approved with no requirement for the kid's medical or POF.

Upon arrival at Toronto Pearson, the CBSA officer asked if we had any kids and my wife innocently and honestly answered 'NO' we don't have any kids as a couple but 'YES' she had a child so as not to contradict the information in the application but the CBSA officer would not let us land because my wife's COPR says "No dependents". We have no intention of bringing the daughter in to Canada during our stay here. The CBSA officer says she can't access our application to confirm if we had previously stated the kid's info.

We understand that we have messed up. We are just looking for any help in any way to fix this. Please.
We sold and risked everything to come here. So distraught right now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We messed up our landing and need serious help.

During the EE application, my wife, the accompanying applicant clearly listed in the family section that she had a 10-year old daughter but the daughter had been handed over to the (wife's) father since birth. Both my wife and I got married last year and have no obligation to the kid and do not claim her as a dependant. With this information, our application got approved with no requirement for the kid's medical or POF.

Upon arrival at Toronto Pearson, the CBSA officer asked if we had any kids and my wife innocently and honestly answered 'NO' we don't have any kids as a couple but 'YES' she had a child so as not to contradict the information in the application but the CBSA officer would not let us land because my wife's COPR says "No dependents". We have no intention of bringing the daughter in to Canada during our stay here. The CBSA officer says she can't access our application to confirm if we had previously stated the kid's info.

We understand that we have messed up. We are just looking for any help in any way to fix this. Please.
We sold and risked everything to come here. So distraught right now.
You've certainly messed up.

Your wife was required to list her daughter as a dependent in the application. This was mandatory. Failing to declare dependents is misrepresentation (i.e. lying in an immigration application). Understand that your wife no longer has access or any relationship with the child. It was mandatory that she list her daughter as a dependent nevertheless. There is a process applicants go through to remove a dependent child once delcared if they have no access to the child and can't complete the medical, etc. However you MUST start by declaring the child in the application and then demonstrating why you cannot obtain the medical. POF needed to cover three people for you to qualify for PR.

This is a complex and very unusual case. I've personally never seen something like this before. This isn't something you're going to be able to solve through free advice through an internet forum. Time to lawyer up.

Reactions: Prettyangelx