+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLEASE! i'm worried

Lauryn

Aug 16, 2007
Hello everybody from Spain,

I'm a spanish girl, and I'm gonna move to Canada soon to marry my fiance.
We're gonna get married in Canada and apply for the sponsorship visa from within Canada.
I'm worried because, as a spanish citizen, i can stay in canada for 6 months as a visitor. I have my ticket already, i booked a return ticket for 6 months, i'm leaving next week and "coming back" on february...
My question is: What should I say when i get off the plane?? they will ask me: what are u coming for and how long are u stayin for? Should I say i'm coming to spend some time with my boyfriend and it's gonna be for 6 months??
I've been in canada before, for 3 months, last year, they ask me same questions and the woman looked at me like "what the heck are u gonna do here for 3 months=???" but they let me in. So now that is 6 months, i'm worried they say: u can't come in...
WHAT SHOULD I DO PLEASE!!! i'm leaving the 26th, next week,...

THANK U SO MUCH.

chelidio

Jun 25, 2007
Oh dear !!

I understand how you feel and your worries. I am married to a Canadian for almost 6 years now, but applying from abroad. I also have a daughter waiting in Canada for me to show up so I cannot risk a refusal. Well, I have been to Canada many times before on visitors visa, but never more than 2 months and never intended to stay in. I faced similar question at the border, but never been a problem as I could easily tell them I was there to visit my wife's family and I was always accompanied by my wife at the border and we both had return tickets.

If you are going to tell the officer at the border that you are going to see your boyfriend and accompany him for 6 months, I don't see how he will buy that false information. And as far as I understand false declaration will get you only trouble with Canadian government. I hope you will find a solution.

Also check this as PMM is a very competant person on immigration issues.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/waiting-for-permanent-residence-in-canada-t5484.0.html

Best wishes and good luck with your marriage.