+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

~~~HELP PLEASE I NEED SOME INFO~~~

Amanita

Jul 7, 2008
Hello let me explain my case:

I am 18 years old and im from Mexico, on 2002 i moved to Canada with my mom and i received my resident card shortly after that.

I came back to Mexico with my mom on December 2005 and ive been here ever since, My resident card says it expires on May 2009, but some friends have told me that i may not be able to work, study, etc in Canada cause ive been away for too long now

I wanted to ask u, is my resident status still Valid?

I really want to go back to Canada its very important for me, and also another question:

I got 2 friends that wanna go to Canada and work for about a year or so, what do they need to do to get a work permit so they can work there legally.

I would appreciate an answer from you

Thanks in Advance, Carlos from Mexico :D

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can not be gone from Canada more than 1095 days in every 5 years, that is 3 years. So you need to come back to Canada before it's been 3 years since you left, so sometime before December 2008. You also have to be careful that you don't leave for too long in the next 2 years after that. If you have been gone exactly 3 years, you can not leave Canada at all in the next 2 years after.

Amanita

Jul 7, 2008
Thanks for your help i really really appreciate it since i wasnt sure my resident was still valid,

Thanks a lot i send u my best regards from Mexico

Carlos.