+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please, i dont have money

WilliamL

Apr 6, 2020
Hi my name is William, im canadian but i've lived in Argentina for 13 years.
Now im 17 years. I dont have my passport renewed and $0 for a plane ticket.
What should i do? I can go back to Canada without my renewed passport and no money when i turn 18 years?
I really appreciate ur comments please help me :/

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
I think once you turn 18 and are no longer a minor, you can contact your closest Canadian embassy and ask them for assistance. Otherwise, you should talk to your parents or whomever your legal guardian is about your wish to return to Canada.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I think once you turn 18 and are no longer a minor, you can contact your closest Canadian embassy and ask them for assistance. Otherwise, you should talk to your parents or whomever your legal guardian is about your wish to return to Canada.
The embassy would be where they’d turn too to get their passport renewed, but they wouldn’t be of any assistance if he didn’t have the funds for a plane ticket

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi my name is William, im canadian but i've lived in Argentina for 13 years.
Now im 17 years. I dont have my passport renewed and $0 for a plane ticket.
What should i do? I can go back to Canada without my renewed passport and no money when i turn 18 years?
I really appreciate ur comments please help me :/
You won't be able to board a plane without a valid passport. The first step is to renew or obtain your Canadian passport.

Canada will not arrange or pay for your flight ticket. You will either need to pay for the flight ticket yourself or get help from your family. You will also need to bring money with you to be able to survive once you arrive here.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't have money but how do you feed yourself during these 13 years in Argentina? Food is free? Then why bother to return to Canada?

Reactions: Copingwithlife

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

You won't be able to board a plane without a valid passport. The first step is to renew or obtain your Canadian passport.

Canada will not arrange or pay for your flight ticket. You will either need to pay for the flight ticket yourself or get help from your family. You will also need to bring money with you to be able to survive once you arrive here.

1. Actually there is a loan program to return to Canada, whether the OP is eligible or not is a different question.

COVID-19: Financial help if you are outside Canada

You should avoid non-essential travel outside Canada until further notice. You are responsible for your personal travel decisions. If you are already outside Canada, think about returning as soon as possible and find out what commercial travel options are still available to you. There are fewer remaining options and you may experience a sudden hike in prices.

You should attempt to use your own financial means to arrange your return to Canada. For Canadians who have no available source of funds to return home, Canada has announced the creation of the COVID-19 Emergency Loan Program for Canadians Abroad.

Canadians, and, in exceptional circumstances, Canadian permanent residents, outside the country who are directly impacted by COVID-19 will be able to apply for an emergency repayable loan to facilitate their return to Canada and to cover basic essential needs while they work towards their return. Each application will be assessed according to their specific situation and needs.

This emergency assistance is a repayable loan.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi

1. Actually there is a loan program to return to Canada, whether the OP is eligible or not is a different question.

COVID-19: Financial help if you are outside Canada

You should avoid non-essential travel outside Canada until further notice. You are responsible for your personal travel decisions. If you are already outside Canada, think about returning as soon as possible and find out what commercial travel options are still available to you. There are fewer remaining options and you may experience a sudden hike in prices.

You should attempt to use your own financial means to arrange your return to Canada. For Canadians who have no available source of funds to return home, Canada has announced the creation of the COVID-19 Emergency Loan Program for Canadians Abroad.

Canadians, and, in exceptional circumstances, Canadian permanent residents, outside the country who are directly impacted by COVID-19 will be able to apply for an emergency repayable loan to facilitate their return to Canada and to cover basic essential needs while they work towards their return. Each application will be assessed according to their specific situation and needs.

This emergency assistance is a repayable loan.
There was a Canadian that applied for this, however they were living in Chile and wanted to return because of the virus . His application was refused since he had not lived in Canada for two years .