+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP, please!!!!!- GCKey - User Lockout

Patica

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Hi,

I was trying to access my mycic account, but it showed that my GCKey - is GCKey Lockout.
The message is:
You have exceeded the maximum number of consecutive attempts allowed to either:

sign in with your GCKey;
change your password;
change your recovery questions;
revoke your GCKey; or
recover your forgotten password.
For your protection, your access to the service is suspended for 24 hours.

However, the last time that I had accessed my mycic was 4 days ago!!!!

Did it happen to ant of you???

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Patica said:
Did it happen to someone else, please????
Not that i have heard of...Probably wait for 24hrs as it says...I mean what other option do you have?

Patica

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
CanadaWeCome said:
Not that i have heard of...Probably wait for 24hrs as it says...I mean what other option do you have?
I called CIC and they told me that it is probably because the last time I accessed mycic I had done it many times and the next time I did it, today, they locked it for 24h for safety. Sometimes, after starting the log in process, when I am on the T&Cs page or the secret answer page, it returns to the main page of CIC and I have to log in again.

They told me to wait 24 hours or create another GCKey and link it to my previous account

bradley22

Feb 22, 2016
Hi

I have the same problem
"User Lockout

sign in with your GCKey;
change your password;
revoke your GCKey; or

For your protection, your access to the service is suspended for 24 hours. "

What shall I do now?

Eucalyptus

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
I would suggest anyone who is locked out of their account for safety purposes, to wait until the hold has lifted.

PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LINK YOUR ACCOUNT TO A NEW GC KEY, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED ITA.

I had a horrible experience with this back in September and CIC did not help. I ended up losing my profile AND my ITA. So please please don't do it.

Reactions: paneka penalty

Patica

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
bradley22 said:
Hi

I have the same problem
"User Lockout

sign in with your GCKey;
change your password;
revoke your GCKey; or

For your protection, your access to the service is suspended for 24 hours. "

What shall I do now?
Wait 24 hours and try again. After that my access was not locked anymore.

Asra.hassan

Nov 19, 2015
Eucalyptus said:
I would suggest anyone who is locked out of their account for safety purposes, to wait until the hold has lifted.

PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LINK YOUR ACCOUNT TO A NEW GC KEY, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED ITA.

I had a horrible experience with this back in September and CIC did not help. I ended up losing my profile AND my ITA. So please please don't do it.
Dear all I got my ITA two weeks ago, last night I goofed up and my cic account got blocked. Ended up making a new account I order to link it up woh the previous one. I don't know what's going on. Please help!

mary99

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
DO NOT try to login within 24 hrs. Give atleast 36 hrs before entering your passwords again. This happened to me. I tried to login within 24 hours and it got through but again within 10 minutes it got locked due to suspicious logins in my accounts. Later I lost my ITA and entered the pool agaian so guys plzzzzzz do not make that mistake. b patient and open after 36 hrs.

NehaG

Sep 9, 2017

Urgent!!! Please please help

HI
I applied in SINP OID April 2019 draw, my application still shows in process in SINP account. Received email from CIC in March 2020 saying "we updated your apllication status" and check express entry application, when i tried to login it showed user lockout even in first attempt with correct username and password. We followed up with CIC through webform and they responded saying its unlocked still my account showed locked. Then because of covid everything was at pause. Two day before received same email from CIC and again I am not able to login. Trying even after 24-35hrs it shows user lockout.

My agent also stopping me to link it with new account creation as u said. But CIC had suggested to craete new account and link with old application.
I am really in worry that what is that change in my application that CIC has updated but I am not able to view.
How should I contact them? webform gives me same reply to link the new account to old application.
My agent is also not replying now.

Also I want to know if ITA is received through CIC express entry account or SINP account? SINP account showing application in process then what could be the possibility of change in CIC express entry application?

NehaG

Sep 9, 2017
happened with me too after applying for SINP not able to login and check EE account. Not even able to set newpassword as answers to my security questions are with my agent and he is not reachable. He suggested not to create new account and link it that will create problem.

vishal45

Feb 22, 2020
My account was created by my consultant and I have no access to it. I received the ita last week and I have come to a disagreement with my consultant with other issues. Is there anyway to get the account ownership since I already received the ITA? Or should I create a new account??

Ali08

Apr 8, 2020
Hi,

I was trying to access my mycic account, but it showed that my GCKey - is GCKey Lockout.
The message is:

sign in with your GCKey;
change your password;
revoke your GCKey; or
For your protection, your access to the service is suspended for 24 hours.

However, the last time that I had accessed my mycic was 4 days ago!!!!

Did it happen to ant of you???
Hi how did u solve it?