+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Please..... Employer copied all the duties from NOC website

MAUN

Mar 8, 2013
Guys what about this one.............. from link by yahoo7
Same case

An applicant who appears to have "copied" the job duties in the NOC description for his reference letter still deserves an opportunity to explain that issue.

Hamza v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration)

Between Abu Asim Hamza, Applicant, and
The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, Respondent

[2013] F.C.J. No. 284

2013 FC 264

Docket IMM-3693-12

Federal Court
Montréal, Quebec

Bédard J.

Heard: January 30, 2013.
Judgment: March 12, 2013.

JUDGMENT

THIS COURT'S JUDGMENT is that this application for judicial review is allowed. The Officer's decision is overturned and the application is returned for re-determination (de novo) before a different visa officer.

MAUN

Mar 8, 2013
As per link by Yahoo7
The federal court's judgement:
If the credibility of the reference letter is questioned Then the Visa Officer have to seeking additional info and/or interview from the applicant. Applicant should be given a chance to explain the VO's concerns about the credibility of reference latter.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Those who have already submitted Reference letter with copied NOC job duties > hope for the VO to seek additional info and give you a chance to explain yourself.

Those yet to submit, better don't get into this mess with copy / paste. Precaution is better than cure.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rock100 said:
Hey Yahoo7, sorry about calling you yahoo7. i need to ask you one very urgent question. can you help me please?
Go ahead rock100

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
As you can see from the links provided of another case, copying the NOC duties word for word is a risk. The fact remains an employer should be able to put in their own words what the main duties of the job are. If they don't know and need to copy from HRDSC's website, how did they advertise the job in the first place?

The problem with copying it verbatim from the website is that an officer can not really confirm that you performed all those duties. So applicants should ask for a reference letter, then use that to find a code that best describes their job. For example:

the NOC code could say, "provides customer service" and your letter says, "answers and transfers calls to appropriate personnel, first point of contact for clients, etc". That basically describes "customer service" without copying verbatim from the NOC code.

elwebmaster said:
I don't know why everybody is telling you that this is a problem and you should worry. In fact, I would suggest the opposite: you should be happy that your employer included duties that closely resemble the NOC with your letter. The rejections due to letters I have seen so far are either because there were no duties, or there were duties but "they did not match" the duties in the NOC description. My letter had the duties copied from the NOC as well (not all of them, but it had most of them and they were an exact copy) and the reason is because that's what my job is. The NOC describes my job. Obviously my manager looked up the NOC corresponding to my job and copied the duties, nothing wrong with that.
I would be very curious to see a rejection letter that people are claiming is due to copying the duties, what does it say: "Duties resemble NOC too much" or "Duties are not very creative". Seriously, I know you are worried and everything, but you should be happy.

MAUN

Mar 8, 2013
Andy is absolutely right. Just make sure duties are not copy and pasted.

I requested my employer a copy of LMO application but he is not willing to give me. I asked him about copying issue.
The employer said that while preparing the LMO application he went to the NOC website to find my Job's NOC code and came across these duties which are same what i have to do. That is why he just write them as they were their (on NOC web.).
It is only laziness of Employers.
Why we should be punished for their laziness.

cgel

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
19-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
05-04-2014
No need to worry. Couple of my friends already got their PR with copied duties. Their file was processed at Ottawa. Not including duties is a big problem but not copying them. Their files got processed with in 7 months.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MAUN said:
Guys what about this one.............. from link by yahoo7
Same case

An applicant who appears to have "copied" the job duties in the NOC description for his reference letter still deserves an opportunity to explain that issue.

Hamza v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration)

Between Abu Asim Hamza, Applicant, and
The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, Respondent

[2013] F.C.J. No. 284

2013 FC 264

Docket IMM-3693-12

Federal Court
Montréal, Quebec

Bédard J.

Heard: January 30, 2013.
Judgment: March 12, 2013.

JUDGMENT

THIS COURT'S JUDGMENT is that this application for judicial review is allowed. The Officer's decision is overturned and the application is returned for re-determination (de novo) before a different visa officer.
http://www.canlii.org/eliisa/highlight.do?text=Between+Abu+Asim+Hamza%2C+Applicant%2C+and+The+Minister+of+Citizenship+and+Immigration%2C+Respondent&language=en&searchTitle=Canada+%28Federal%29&path=/en/ca/fct/doc/2013/2013fc264/2013fc264.html&searchUrlHash=AAAAAQBeQmV0d2VlbiBBYnUgQXNpbSBIYW16YSwgQXBwbGljYW50LCBhbmQgVGhlIE1pbmlzdGVyIG9mIENpdGl6ZW5zaGlwIGFuZCBJbW1pZ3JhdGlvbiwgUmVzcG9uZGVudAAAAAAAAAE

The case is more complicated than just copying duties... That wasn't the main problem. It was also a FSW application which has it's own eligibility criteria.

pNick

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP requested on 02-06-2014
AOR Received.
8-May-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
14-May-14
Med's Request
12-Nov-14
Med's Done....
14-Nov-14
Interview........
Medical received on 24-Nov-14
Passport Req..
26-Nov-14
LANDED..........
30-Dec-14
Hi MAUN,

Just wondering, I have the same issue. I have submitted my application to CEC and will receive AOR shortly. In my reference letter, my employer did copied main duties and responsibilities from NOC website for the NOC code of 2171 and also add some another four duties as well.

I am curious to know what happened in your case as you sent another reference letter to them.
I would appreciate if you could help here.

Thanks,

orebaron

Mar 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AND again guys I applied in 2012, my HR copied and paste Job Descriptions from HRDC website, word to word, as a result I landed last year, for those who says " Don't copy and past" you guys are paranoid as hell. I don't see why would a VO reject an application because the Job duties identically matches HRDC duties, That just silly and stupid.

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Breath easy buddy, luck doesnt favour everyone.

copying exact words is a no no for lmo approval - rarely approved -

u r lucky though.

good luck

ferna

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014 (before I got the PPR!!)
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
I did the copy and paste thing myself and my application got approved. BUT inside my application note, I could see that the first VO wrote all job duties are copied and pasted and not enough details, REVIEW REQUIRED! then second VO wrote that he/she does not have any doubt and Eligibility is passed. So thanks to the second VO my application passed eligibility.
My advice is not to copy and paste, as some VOs may be just crazy and send your application for review which may cause delay or God knows they may even reject it.

gimmenergy

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
orebaron said:
AND again guys I applied in 2012, my HR copied and paste Job Descriptions from HRDC website, word to word, as a result I landed last year, for those who says " Don't copy and past" you guys are paranoid as hell. I don't see why would a VO reject an application because the Job duties identically matches HRDC duties, That just silly and stupid.
Hi there,

Even my reference letters also contain copy/pasted job responsibilities and I have applied this year for 2174. Your case approval is a big relief for guys like me. Thanks for sharing your story.

Infact many people maintain that few cases have been rejected because of copy/paste thing but I haven't come across any such case sharing its story. So I am not sure whether it is just an hype created around copy/paste or something else.

Thanks again,
Monu

pNick

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP requested on 02-06-2014
AOR Received.
8-May-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
14-May-14
Med's Request
12-Nov-14
Med's Done....
14-Nov-14
Interview........
Medical received on 24-Nov-14
Passport Req..
26-Nov-14
LANDED..........
30-Dec-14
gimmenergy said:
Hi there,

Even my reference letters also contain copy/pasted job responsibilities and I have applied this year for 2174. Your case approval is a big relief for guys like me. Thanks for sharing your story.

Infact many people maintain that few cases have been rejected because of copy/paste thing but I haven't come across any such case sharing its story. So I am not sure whether it is just an hype created around copy/paste or something else.

Thanks again,
Monu
Hi gimmenergy,

I am in the same boat. My reference letters also contain copy/pasted job for NOC 2171. My credit card got charge yesterday and I am waiting for AOR email. Did you got your AOR? when?

Hope for best. Good luck.

gimmenergy

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
pNick said:
Hi gimmenergy,

I am in the same boat. My reference letters also contain copy/pasted job for NOC 2171. My credit card got charge yesterday and I am waiting for AOR email. Did you got your AOR? when?

Hope for best. Good luck.
Hi Nick,

I have applied under FSW 2014 and not under CEC. My file has arrived on 7th May and probably will be receiving AOR (or rejection) by Mid of Jul 2014.

If you CC has been debited then its a good news and hopefully they don't object to your copy pasted thing anymore.

Regards,
Monu