+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Please - Dependent child of International student -got a V1 visa

Discussion in 'Visa Offices in Asia' started by noospirit, Jun 10, 2015.

  1. Hi All,

    I have a small question regarding the temporary resident visa (TRV) for my 2year old child.

    I am an international PhD student on a study permit already in montreal, canada for more than a year. My wife is also a student on study permit yet to travel with our daughter at present in India.

    We applied for a TRV for our child and got a V1 visa valid for 3years. But from what I read from cic website is that the V1 is like a visitor visa and that the validity of V1 and the eligible duration of possible stay are two different things. The V1 might be valid for 3 years but the maximum duration where the child can stay is 6 months, decided at the port of entry by officer.

    What should I do in this case. How will I reapply as the visa is valid for 3years. But again how will the 2 year child leave and come back after 6months? I applied for a dependent visa atleast for the duration of the study permit of parents, or even 1 year. The child is a dependant not a visitor I dont know why is it a V1 visa? I am seriously confused and concerned.

    Please help. Thanks a ton in advance.


  2. Hello,

    I hope you got a response to this request in one way or the other when you needed it. Unfortunately, I am in a similar situation now and I have been looking for answers.


Share This Page