+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Passports mailed to wrong address for visitor visa stamping

iqube00

Feb 18, 2018
Friends,
I feel have gotten myself in a very unique mess. Please help!

I applied for a Canada visitor visa online and my application was approved within a couple of days. I got an email asking me send the passports for stamping. There was link in the email which had details on where I should be mailing my passports. I live in Ohio, so I supposed to send my passports to the VAC address in New York, but I mistakenly sent it to the consulate, which is located on Avenue of Americas. This confusion happened because this is the address you are supposed to send if you live in the Virgin Islands.

My USPS tracking says that my passports were delivered on Feb. 1st. The mail I sent just has my passports, with a receipt document they had asked me to enclose. Since I did not enclose any return envelopes and since that receipt printout itself does not have much of my details, I am worried as to how they will send the passports back to me. I am sure if they lookup their system with the receipt they will find all my details, but I am worried if they will take the pains to do that.

I have attempted to contact them phone, by email, by Facebook, by web forms etc., but I have not had any response. I even hired a local messenger service in New York to check if they have my passports and if they will tell how I should recover, but the messenger was flat out denied entry into the consulate to enquire.

I am planning to make a trip to New York and go to the consulate in person, but I am not sure if that will work. I am worried. Please let me know if any of you have run into a similar situation. I will appreciate any advice/help in this matter.

Thanks in advance!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Friends,
I am planning to make a trip to New York and go to the consulate in person, but I am not sure if that will work. I am worried. Please let me know if any of you have run into a similar situation. I will appreciate any advice/help in this matter.
You won't be allowed entry into the consulate. You can visit the NY VAC instead and request their assistance. You would probably need to pay the VAC fees for passport transmission

Or you will have to wait until the visa office provides instructions on how your processed passport can be returned to you

Last edited:
Reactions: iqube00

iqube00

Feb 18, 2018
I finally got my passports back from the consulate. It took them 25 days. The wait was frustrating as they were not giving me any indication that they had my passport or when they will send it back to me.

I am posting this status for people who may get into a situation like mine. You will get your passports back, but the wait will be frustrating.

Reactions: uwaifouuyi

Manasee

May 17, 2018
Just wanted to know when VAC send back the passports to applicant, do they give the return tracking number. I just called the VAC and they said they do, but wanted to confirm with other applicants. unfortunately USPS has not given me return tracking as they posted stamp on my return envelope, they said VAC should give that to you when they are sending back