+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help, passport stuck in local VFS "indefinitely" due to Ukraine war

imm2canadaordie

Nov 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
I've sent my passport after PPR to local VFS who in turn should have sent it to Canada's Moscow visa office (I'm not in Russia nor am I russian citizen), but now for whatever reason it isn't possible and they're saying they're holding my passport indefinitely awaiting further orders from IRCC. They're also saying they can send my passport back but I don't know if that's gonna help me in any way. I'm livid because the perspective to wait another year after 2021 outland covid halt is such a bs.

Can I theoretically send it to say Turkey or Hong Kong visa office seeing as Poland (Warsaw VO is my actual VO and the next theoretical choice after Moscow) is probably currently busy with UA's applications? Should I even make any motions or am I just SOL for the second time? Anybody in the same/similar situation?

I've sent a webform but obviously the lag is more than 30 days. Tried calling the IRCC hotline but they're obviously too busy to answer. I do not believe that Moscow VO will resume normal operations anytime soon (possibly ever).

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I've sent my passport after PPR to local VFS who in turn should have sent it to Canada's Moscow visa office (I'm not in Russia nor am I russian citizen), but now for whatever reason it isn't possible and they're saying they're holding my passport indefinitely awaiting further orders from IRCC. They're also saying they can send my passport back but I don't know if that's gonna help me in any way. I'm livid because the perspective to wait another year after 2021 outland covid halt is such a bs.

Can I theoretically send it to say Turkey or Hong Kong visa office seeing as Poland (Warsaw VO is my actual VO and the next theoretical choice after Moscow) is probably currently busy with UA's applications? Should I even make any motions or am I just SOL for the second time? Anybody in the same/similar situation?

I've sent a webform but obviously the lag is more than 30 days. Tried calling the IRCC hotline but they're obviously too busy to answer. I do not believe that Moscow VO will resume normal operations anytime soon (possibly ever).
Why would Vfs Warsaw send your passport to Moscow?
Get your passport back, email Turkey Vfs and ask if they can courier it to Poland. If they say yes, send it to them.

Reactions: imm2canadaordie

imm2canadaordie

Nov 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Why would Vfs Warsaw send your passport to Moscow?
Get your passport back, email Turkey Vfs and ask if they can courier it to Poland. If they say yes, send it to them.
VFS Kazakhstan is holding my passport, not VFS Poland. VO that processed my application is Warsaw, but for some reason Moscow VO is the one that should glue the visa and issue CoPR. May be I should contact VFS Poland instead? I'm not sure if it's even allowed.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
VFS Kazakhstan is holding my passport, not VFS Poland. VO that processed my application is Warsaw, but for some reason Moscow VO is the one that should glue the visa and issue CoPR. May be I should contact VFS Poland instead? I'm not sure if it's even allowed.
Theoretically, any visa office can stamp the passport.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021

Have you considered raising a webform to IRCC and asking them to direct you what would be the best course of action? It would make more sense if the instructions to print the visa in a different office came from them directly.

imm2canadaordie

Nov 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Have you considered raising a webform to IRCC and asking them to direct you what would be the best course of action? It would make more sense if the instructions to print the visa in a different office came from them directly.
I did. I expect they'll answer in two months or so. When the question will be closed already

Last edited:

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021

imm2canadaordie

Nov 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Contact us about the situation in Ukraine
We’ve created a phone line and a web form to prioritize questions from
  • people affected by the situation in Ukraine
  • people contacting us on behalf of someone who is affected

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/ukraine-measures.html#contact
I don't think that this fits my situation. I'm not in Ukraine and not directly affected by the "situation".

For posterity: yesterday without notice my passport was sent to Moscow VO Warsaw VO so I guess situation is 100% out of my hands now. Topic can be closed (if it's a thing on this forum). Thanks to everyone who pitched in.

Last edited: