+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!!parents sponsorship reassessment problem

raifam

Dec 11, 2011
Hi there.
so I filed for sponsorship of my parents in 2007.
Their medical was done this year and we also received a reqeust for the landing fee which we paid.

Just got a letter today that they need to reassess my eligibility as a sponsor:

The problem I have is following:
they asking various things for a specific period 15/12/2013-15/12/2015

- fincancial eval. form
- paystubs and jobletter
T1+ T4+T5
Option C print.

My question is how can I get T1/T4 and Option C for specific period. The taxes for 2014 will be filled next year.
I usually get my t1 t4 everything in February.
But they request that everything is received by the office by 15February 2015.

My other problem is following. We always met the financial requirment. As of this year april, my cosigner (spouse moved overseas persnoal reason)
So as of March I don't have any income to show for him or job letter, which puts me unter the LOIC.
I am afraid because ofthis my application for sponsorship will be denied.
Is there anything I can do if that happens?
As I am the spnosr, I do have also a sibling living here who makes enough money to sponsor our parents and is willing to sign for undertaking if necessary.
Anybody has experience if this would be possible incase of refusal.

I am heartbroken, knowhing I might not meet the reassesment as a sponsor.

Please help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'll help with one question - you and your spouse must show sufficient income to meet LICO in order for the application to proceed.

Your sibling cannot sign the undertaking for this application.

If your sibling wishes to become the sponsor - they would have to submit a brand new application in January and start the process again from the beginning.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Since your co-signer moved out of Canada for work, his income record will not show in Canada Revenue Record. This would put yourself in a bind.

Plus if I am not mistaken, the sponsor must reside in Canada for the duration of the PR sponsorship. Since your spouse is a co-signer (became a legal sponsor), he/she must also reside in Canada as well. He/she pretty much violated the condition of being a sponsor for parent sponsorship.

raifam

Dec 11, 2011
thank you for your replies. So I will see what happens, will send the paperwork. nothing i can do about it. we always met the financial requirements
and waited for 8 years. finally we get to the last stage and this happens. just ridiculous that it takes so long. I understand the undertaking etc, but situation can
change even after parents come. so we made peace with it if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen.
Luckily our parents can travel to from canada as they are citizens of Europe.

As for my husband, he didn't move permanently. he is just out of the country. but his residence everything is here. he is coming back soon.
Just we don'thave any income for him.

Wishing everybody else luck.

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
raifam said:
thank you for your replies. So I will see what happens, will send the paperwork. nothing i can do about it. we always met the financial requirements
and waited for 8 years. finally we get to the last stage and this happens. just ridiculous that it takes so long. I understand the undertaking etc, but situation can
change even after parents come. so we made peace with it if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen.
Luckily our parents can travel to from canada as they are citizens of Europe.

As for my husband, he didn't move permanently. he is just out of the country. but his residence everything is here. he is coming back soon.
Just we don'thave any income for him.

Wishing everybody else luck.
If he is working out of country and keeping his residency here, he needs to file tax for his out of country income as well. But he could be just having a very long vacation or dealing with personal issues without working for the last 6 months.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
yvr1234 said:
If he is working out of country and keeping his residency here, he needs to file tax for his out of country income as well. But he could be just having a very long vacation or dealing with personal issues without working for the last 6 months.
The thing is if he has been out of Canada more than 6 months, he is considered to be non-resident of Canada. No matter how he filed his taxes in Canada. Any time someone is out of Canada 6 months, it automatically deemed non-resident of Canada. This is a violation of PR parent sponsorship rules that requires you to reside in Canada during PR processing.

tian4738

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Hi there.
so I filed for sponsorship of my parents in 2007.
Their medical was done this year and we also received a reqeust for the landing fee which we paid.

Just got a letter today that they need to reassess my eligibility as a sponsor:

The problem I have is following:
they asking various things for a specific period 15/12/2013-15/12/2015

- fincancial eval. form
- paystubs and jobletter
T1+ T4+T5
Option C print.

My question is how can I get T1/T4 and Option C for specific period. The taxes for 2014 will be filled next year.
I usually get my t1 t4 everything in February.
But they request that everything is received by the office by 15February 2015.

My other problem is following. We always met the financial requirment. As of this year april, my cosigner (spouse moved overseas persnoal reason)
So as of March I don't have any income to show for him or job letter, which puts me unter the LOIC.
I am afraid because ofthis my application for sponsorship will be denied.
Is there anything I can do if that happens?
As I am the spnosr, I do have also a sibling living here who makes enough money to sponsor our parents and is willing to sign for undertaking if necessary.
Anybody has experience if this would be possible incase of refusal.

I am heartbroken, knowhing I might not meet the reassesment as a sponsor.

Please help.
Hi Raifam, what's going on with your parents case. is it approved finally. Just have same worry as you.