+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP(Parents as Visitors)

savyamu

May 15, 2018
INDIA
Hello,
My parents are coming next week to stay for 4 months with us. We moved here as PRs last year and They had already got their Visitor visas through a family friend before we landed here.
Now do I need to provide them any letter of sponsorship from my side as they
were sponsored by someone else and there is no letter stating my name????
Also, since they will tell the officers that they are gonna stay with their daughter,,,, do they need to show any proof of our relationship or anyyhing else like my PR card ???
Please help, how should we prepare ????

formalboygirl

Star Member
Jun 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2011
Do nothing.

They got visas, its the end of all hassles.

Don't stress much.

Reactions: savyamu

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
My parents are coming next week to stay for 4 months with us. We moved here as PRs last year and They had already got their Visitor visas through a family friend before we landed here.
Now do I need to provide them any letter of sponsorship from my side as they
were sponsored by someone else and there is no letter stating my name????
Also, since they will tell the officers that they are gonna stay with their daughter,,,, do they need to show any proof of our relationship or anyyhing else like my PR card ???
Please help, how should we prepare ????
You do need to provide or do anything.

savyamu

May 15, 2018
INDIA
Thank you for replying. I am concerned about the information they must be having in their system is about the family friend who sent an invitation letter for visa. Now, if they would ask that what are they going to do in 4 long months or why are they here for such long time, then should they reveal that they will be staying with their daughter and not with their friend ????

savyamu

May 15, 2018
INDIA
Also, since I am here now, they don't have any ties (any other child) left in their home country. I hope even that won't create a problem.

savyamu

May 15, 2018
INDIA
They came in december2018, for 20 days only during which they could go anywhere and this time I want them to stay with us a bit longer, So I am worried if they would be asked any tough questions to explain their purpose of visit after 9 months again,,,,,,or if they would be required to present any valid document from my side as they don't have any paper with them that has my name on it.

savyamu

May 15, 2018
INDIA
You do need to provide or do anything.
Thanks..Alsomm since they came in December for 20 days and now they will come in September again.....and when they applied visa my father was working and I was living in India but now he is retired and I have moved here. Would that be a matter of concern for Visa officers ? I am afraid if their entry wud be denied due to any of these reasons??

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Thanks..Alsomm since they came in December for 20 days and now they will come in September again.....and when they applied visa my father was working and I was living in India but now he is retired and I have moved here. Would that be a matter of concern for Visa officers ? I am afraid if their entry wud be denied due to any of these reasons??
There is always a chance of refusal but no one here could give you those percentages. 4 months is quite a long time to be away from home so you are right the family ties to back home have decreased. I hope they have medical insurance? I know this may not be a supervisa but it is always a good idea to get medical insurance. I would tell the truth and say purpose is to visit my child and we will be staying with child.

The fact that came here and left is a big plus. If the officer asks what guarantee is there that you would leave Canada your parents can always say well we have visited once and left as per the rules.

savyamu

May 15, 2018
INDIA
There is always a chance of refusal but no one here could give you those percentages. 4 months is quite a long time to be away from home so you are right the family ties to back home have decreased. I hope they have medical insurance? I know this may not be a supervisa but it is always a good idea to get medical insurance. I would tell the truth and say purpose is to visit my child and we will be staying with child.

The fact that came here and left is a big plus. If the officer asks what guarantee is there that you would leave Canada your parents can always say well we have visited once and left as per the rules.
yes, they have got their Medical Insurance from India........but has there ever been an entry denied to Canada due to such reasons/? I am really stressed up these days..

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
You are overcomplicating this thing. They just need to tell the purpose of visit and your details correctly during entry if asked.. CBSA won't check anything else. I'm also thinking that you'll be passing your stress your parents too unnecessarily.. poor them.

Just look at it this way.. people request visas for specific reason for a specific duration which is generally few months in a specified timeframe. However IRCC issues them multiple entry visa for 10 years. Why do you think they do that? They should just be issuing it only for the time it was requested right?

savyamu

May 15, 2018
INDIA
You are overcomplicating this thing. They just need to tell the purpose of visit and your details correctly during entry if asked.. CBSA won't check anything else. I'm also thinking that you'll be passing your stress your parents too unnecessarily.. poor them.

Just look at it this way.. people request visas for specific reason for a specific duration which is generally few months in a specified timeframe. However IRCC issues them multiple entry visa for 10 years. Why do you think they do that? They should just be issuing it only for the time it was requested right?
A big thank you for making me feel positive ....hoping for good now....