+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!! Outland dependent got portal email

Jithu_07

Feb 15, 2023
Received a letter starting with 'Please review your contact details above and advise us of any errors or updates.' in my Express Entry Application. Is that the RFV? I don't see outland dependent's name/UCI mentioned in it. Can I use this letter for dependent's passport submission?

manoj12345

Mar 2, 2023
Received a letter starting with 'Please review your contact details above and advise us of any errors or updates.' in my Express Entry Application. Is that the RFV? I don't see outland dependent's name/UCI mentioned in it. Can I use this letter for dependent's passport submission?
Sounds like its PPR, its generally addressed to Primary Applicant.
Have you received eCOPR already?

abhi93

Mar 18, 2019
Totally forgot to update here. As mentioned in the thread before, after replying to the first email that spouse is outland dependent. They first proceeded with my virtual landing. Received my ecopr in 3-4 days. Then next day letter in gckey addressed to me for passport submission which can be used by the spouse to submit passport.

manoj12345

Mar 2, 2023
Totally forgot to update here. As mentioned in the thread before, after replying to the first email that spouse is outland dependent. They first proceeded with my virtual landing. Received my ecopr in 3-4 days. Then next day letter in gckey addressed to me for passport submission which can be used by the spouse to submit passport.
Good for you! I did the same and received COPR on 8th March, yet no PPR in my GC Key yet.

BC_CEC_Aspirant

Dec 1, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2023
Med's Done....
22-02-2023
Can someone help me with a query? From what I have read in the other groups if you are outside Canada while your PR is being processed and you get the portal email, IRCC will hold your eCOPR until you return and confirm your presence in Canada.
However, I read in a Facebook group that IRCC processed the ECOPR despite the CEC applicants +1 dependent being outside Canada and they received an RFV email. Did any one of you else experience this?

manoj12345

Mar 2, 2023
RFV (Ready for Visa) is the letter that allows the outland PR applicant to stamp the one time temporary visa to travel to Canada.

ECOPR is only processed for in-land applicants, never for outland ones.

I personally came across many CEC Inland applicants who were stuck outside Canada due to the long processing times of TRV, in every occasion the applicant was asked to come to Canada and then reply back to the portal email for further processing.