+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP: Outland Application Thinking Of Moving To Canada Before Confirmed PR

Elenamomo

Apr 13, 2017
Hello all,,,

1st my thanks to the website...although I hadn´t registered in the past, I used it extensively when preparing the initial PR request to the federal government.

My situation....

I´ve been confirmed as a sponsor for hubby and am now in the process of doing the Quebec forms.

We live in Spain and after reading so many frustrated posts concerning the wait times I´m starting to wonder whether moving back to Quebec now with my husband and 5 year old child (our son is already a canadian citizen).

I´ve read that Outland Applicants can live in Canada while the PR application is being processed......

I´m wondering if anyone has gone through this transition......

if moving to Canada complicated matters with CIC.....

and the process one has to go through should we pack up and decide to go to Quebec prior to the official confirmation.

Police certificates have already been sent and with a clean record I can´t see any obstacles other than the waiting time.

My biggest concern is my child´s schooling....he´s finishing his 3 year preschool term in June 2017 and my wish is for him to be registered in September 2017 in a Canadian school.

Things are bleak in Spain and I don´t want my son´s transition to an anglophone/francophone country to be made more difficult the longer he stays here.

Any feedback would be welcomed....

Thanks...Elena

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are not authorized to move to Canada until your PR has been approved.

You may be able to `visit' Canada, while your PR is being processed, but you will be assessed by CBSA under something called Dual Intent (Google it).

Showing up with your personal items that would not be conducive to a `visitor', would be a bad idea!

Good luck!

katdanger

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
File Transfer...
02-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront; passed
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
The sponsor and Canadian child can move back to Canada with all their belongings and the applicant can visit with what he would bring on a regular visit. The applicant wouldn't be able to work or look for work before receiving PR.

Dual intent: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
katdanger said:
The sponsor and Canadian child can move back to Canada with all their belongings and the applicant can visit with what he would bring on a regular visit. The applicant wouldn't be able to work or look for work before receiving PR.

Dual intent: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp
What precludes them from looking for work? If they're not engaged in actual work, there is nothing stopping anyone from speculative meetings..

And Ponga is right here... the dual intent sirens will be wailing here...

Additionally, if the PA is requested for an interview, it will be in the visa office closest to their home country.

Elenamomo

Apr 13, 2017
Thanks everyone....

There´s so much conflicting info on the web I thought the move was possible.....

I guess the frustrating wait begins then.....

Big wave via Spain and thanks again.....

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Yourself and your son can move back to Canada but your husband can only visit . Once he is here he can extend his visitors visa for 6 months or even a year until he receives his PR . What every one is trying to tell you is he can not turn up at the border and say I'M MOVING TO Canada . My husband was here in Canada for 6 months before he received his PR while doing an outland application . I was very nervous as he brought the cat along with him . When he arrived they scanned his passport and was able to see he had an application in process . The CBSA office welcomed him to Canada and reminded him to extend his visitors visa if he didn't receive his pr in 6 months . He didn't bring anything that looked like he was going to work here, in fact he sent his resume/c/v via post and the rest of his stuff we put in storage until he was excepted as a PR . How ever for you,since you are returning you can have every thing shipped over prior.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Elenamomo said:
Thanks everyone....

There´s so much conflicting info on the web I thought the move was possible.....

I guess the frustrating wait begins then.....

Big wave via Spain and thanks again.....
You and your family can come to Canada. You and your child will be moving, while your husband will be coming as a visitor to be with his family while the PR app processes. There really is no issue with this. Many people, including my partner and I, came to Canada partway through the process. CBSA is very lenient with people who have applied for sponsorship, as they can see that you are following the rules to live in Canada legally. Your husband shouldn't be carrying more than the regular 2 or so bags and make sure you have sufficient proof of finances and proof of the PR app.